FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Rworqx

Re: FTL Captains Edition 1.051

Postby Rworqx » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:22 pm

hmmm ive been thinking how about a sentry in one room of the ship is that an idea?

wish i could mod :cry:
Mandrake

Postby Mandrake » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:01 am

I just signed up to say 'Thanks!' for this incredible mod. It's awesome. :) Do you take donations via Paypal perhaps? I'd love to send you a few dollars.
CrashSanders

Postby CrashSanders » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:08 am

Mandrake wrote:I just signed up to say 'Thanks!' for this incredible mod. It's awesome. :) Do you take donations via Paypal perhaps? I'd love to send you a few dollars.

That's what I call true devotion! I support the idea of paypal donations! :D
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:47 pm

Oh wow money... yeah I'm not really interested in that stuff. Also CE is just a mod, It couldn't exist without vanilla FTL, that is where the credit should go. Im just mashing up some xmls and sprites here. But if the mod gave you a good time and you want to make me happy, consider giving the money to a local NGO in your area. Maybe one that deals with drug prevention, social-equality or woman’s rights.

The bulk of the next updates weaponry is done now. With all the different tiers of cluster bombs, mine launchers and missile batteries, the missile/bomb section of BA grew a little big. To even things out abit, the laser department also received some new stuff. The addition will come in the form of scatter lasers. They represent BA low tier addition to the heavy lasers. Like swarm missiles, they will deal hull damage according to their tier, but only half that damage to systems and crew. Light scatter lasers will also be available.

CE 1.055: more guns
Last edited by Sleeper Service on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:51 pm

I do not understand these new weapons at all.
Estel

Postby Estel » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:12 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:But if the mod gave you a good time and you want to make me happy, consider giving the money to a local NGO in your area. Maybe one that deals with drug prevention, social-equality or woman’s rights.

Now I like you even more than before. Not that I don't do normally, but just for this ocassion, ~50 USD (in local currency, thus ~) donated to organization helping equal educational rights for refugee's kids .

/Estel
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:25 pm

dalolorn wrote:I do not understand these new weapons at all.

The idea here was to create weapons that are better for dealing hull damage. But not in the way that conventional hull weapons do that (multiplier).

Swarm missiles and scatter lasers spread their projectiles over a larger area, giving them little penetration power, but large area damage to the ships hull.

The high tier swarm missile launcher for example will deal 4 hull damage wherever it is targeted. If it is fired on rooms with systems and crew it will deal 4 damage to hull, but only 2 damage to the system and the crew in the room.

Mines go even further in that direction. They detonate in close proximity to the ship, dealing only hull damage wherever they are aimed and no damage at all to crew or systems. They represent a energy effective way to deal pure hull damage.

A lot of this weapons are pretty low tier. BA added a lot of highend stuff already. So this update will make the mod a little less harsh for a change, as enemies will be less likely to get better weapons and can't screw your up as affectively with the weapons that deal only half system damage. New drones equipped with the new weapon types will also be available. There might be a missile battery defence drones that fires six missiles to intercept one. Seemed reasonable after creating a offensive battery that fires a swarm of about 15 micro missiles... the custom projectile and explosion don't look as cool as intended but I'd say the are a nice change after all this standard missile impacts.

Estel wrote:Now I like you even more than before. Not that I don't do normally, but just for this ocassion, ~50 USD (in local currency, thus ~) donated to organization helping equal educational rights for refugee's kids .

/Estel

Cool! :)
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:49 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:
dalolorn wrote:I do not understand these new weapons at all.

The idea here was to create weapons that are better for dealing hull damage. But not in the way that conventional hull weapons do that (multiplier).

Swarm missiles and scatter lasers spread their projectiles over a larger area, giving them little penetration power, but large area damage to the ships hull.

The high tier swarm missile launcher for example will deal 4 hull damage wherever it is targeted. If it is fired on rooms with systems and crew it will deal 4 damage to hull, but only 2 damage to the system and the crew in the room.

Mines go even further in that direction. They detonate in close proximity to the ship, dealing only hull damage wherever they are aimed and no damage at all to crew or systems. They represent a energy effective way to deal pure hull damage.

A lot of this weapons are pretty low tier. BA added a lot of highend stuff already. So this update will make the mod a little less harsh for a change, as enemies will be less likely to get better weapons and can't screw your up as affectively with the weapons that deal only half system damage. New drones equipped with the new weapon types will also be available. There might be a missile battery defence drones that fires six missiles to intercept one. Seemed reasonable after creating a offensive battery that fires a swarm of about 15 micro missiles... the custom projectile and explosion don't look as cool as intended but I'd say the are a nice change after all this standard missile impacts.

Estel wrote:Now I like you even more than before. Not that I don't do normally, but just for this ocassion, ~50 USD (in local currency, thus ~) donated to organization helping equal educational rights for refugee's kids .

/Estel

Cool! :)

:?:

I'm going to have to take a look at the code - once you release it - to figure out what are you doing... :|
InfernoVor

FTL Captains Edition 1.051

Postby InfernoVor » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:02 pm

HELP when I try to patch the thing with groganks mod manager it sed this :

2013-09-19 17:59:05 ERROR: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:/Program Files (x86)/FTL/resources\\data.dat'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Ivo\Desktop\Grognaks Mod Manager v1.7 Win32\lib\killable_threading.py", line 99, in run
result = self._payload(*self._payload_args, **self._payload_kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Ivo\Desktop\Grognaks Mod Manager v1.7 Win32\main.py", line 782, in patch_dats
sh.copy2(bak_path, dat_path)
File "C:\Python27\lib\shutil.py", line 130, in copy2
copyfile(src, dst)
File "C:\Python27\lib\shutil.py", line 83, in copyfile
with open(dst, 'wb') as fdst:
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:/Program Files (x86)/FTL/resources\\data.dat'
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:06 pm

More and more people seem to have problems with CE and GMM. You might want to try the new slipstream mod manager instead.

dalolorn wrote:I'm going to have to take a look at the code - once you release it - to figure out what are you doing... :|

It's done with negative <sysDamage> and <crewDamage> tags. I think some other mods did this already.

A <damage> value of 4 actually represents 4 hull damage, 4 sys damage and 4 crew damage. If you set the <damage> value to 4 and the <sysDamage> and <crewDamage> value to -2 you get a weapons that deals 4 damage to hull and only 2 to crew and systems. I tested that a little and it seems the game does the math before applying any of the damage (So this works also against systems that are completely destroyed). Fun fact: multiple damage tags in a weapon are also summed up before the weapon deals damage. A blueprint with two <damage> tags, one set to 3, one set to -2, produces a weapons that deals only one damage. A blueprint with an <ionDamage> tag set to 1 and another one set to -1 produces a weapon that deals no ion damage. Negative Ion damage does not work, unfortunately... I wanted a reverse ion field bomb to deionize your systems... Fun fact 2: Ion weapons with <sysDamage> assigned deal it to the shield system if they hit shields.

I checked this because I secretly hoped that the tags are applied independently after each other. I wanted a light ion weapon that deals <sysDamage>8</sysDamage> and then <sysDamage>-8</sysDamage> to destroy a system for a split-second and then restores it, which could be used to reset weapon cooldowns and for other stuff. Didn't work out. But that damage is summed up before it is dealt is actually better and allows for other stuff, mainly these scatter weapons that where created.
Last edited by Sleeper Service on Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.