FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
dalolorn

Re: FTL Captains Edition 1.031 [stable]

Postby dalolorn » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:24 am

Does one of the glitches by any chance include a black rectangle instead of a Fire Missile?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:25 am

It does, ion drone charged image was fixed as well.
Rworqx

Postby Rworqx » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:42 pm

if someone can make a more random events mod. ill be happy as a heavy with three thousands sandviches!

i want to do it myself but i cant mod and probably mine laptop will explode
Torchwood202

Postby Torchwood202 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:52 pm

RE-EDIT RE-EDIT* For some reason I did not get the option to sell trade goods. This started when I got compressed Nebula Gas, Federation Contraband, and Consumer goods all in the same nebula sector. This has never happened before, but having 3 trade goods at one time also has never happened to me before either.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:05 am

Hm strange... there might be a cap on blue options that disables them all? Can you try selling one of the goods at the ship and check at the next trade even if you can sell the two remaining goods?

(also in case you tried to sell in a pirate sector: trading events does not seem to work there, cause unknown)
Estel

Postby Estel » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:53 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:-Destroying exit beacon cruisers no longer slows down the fleet, because pursuit modification doesn't carry over to the next sector anyway

Are you sure about that one? I'm 99,99% sure, that *if* I destroy cruiser on exit beacon, fleet starts to follow me on another sector 2-3 beacons later, at least. It seems to be confirmed by hard-numbers too - on every playthrough, where I *do* destroyed cruisers on exit since sector one, I got significantly more totals beacons visited after finishing game - as compared to playthroughs, where I avoided cruisers (which seems to indicate, that fleet pursued me slower).

Maybe it looks like that: pursuing advancement doesn't carry from sector to sectors, but halts in pursuing (as in "zero advancement pause") does?

Even if not, it was - sometimes - useful for sectors, where exit beacon was oddly placed (with 3 or 4 beacons afterwards). This way, one was able to bang cruiser, visit those beacons, and go back to exit beacon (then bang the same cruiser again - funny glitch that I forget to report, as it wasn't important - it was *the same* cruiser "revived", with the same reported name, event text, weapons, etc.).

/Estel
Last edited by Estel on Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
DestinyAtlantis

Postby DestinyAtlantis » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:52 pm

Maybe if possible, the fleet delay could transfer to the next sector by increasing the number of turns/jumps it takes for the fleet pursuit to appear.(if the delay doesn't transfer to the next sector already, before the most recent patch(1.031))
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:04 pm

Estel wrote:Even if not, it was - sometimes - useful for sectors, where exit beacon was oddly placed (with 3 or 4 beacons afterwards). This way, one was able to bang cruiser, visit those beacons, and go back to exit beacon (then bang the same cruiser again - funny glitch that I forget to report, as it wasn't important - it was *the same* cruiser "revived", with the same reported name, event text, weapons, etc.).

Uh well I'm not exactly sure about the delay carrying on either, but someone claimed that it doesn't during a some live stream play-through.

I guess I have to look into that again... also concerning the cruiser getting duplicated on jumping to the beacon a second time...

Estel wrote:It seems to be confirmed by hard-numbers too - on every playthrough, where I *do* destroyed cruisers on exit since sector one, I got significantly more totals beacons visited after finishing game - as compared to playthroughs, where I avoided cruisers (which seems to indicate, that fleet pursued me slower).

Well they also where not intended to be farmable, so maybe they wont give fleet delay any more anyway... :roll: :)
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:46 pm

Do I have permission to use custom rebel ship assets? (Destroyer, E. Destroyer, Cruiser, E. Cruiser)
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:40 pm

Of course, you may use the Rebel cruiser as you please. But the destroyer was made by Kieve for turning the tide, so you have to ask him for that one.