Funiest Things You've Ever Done in FTL

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
mr silencer

Re: Funiest Things You've Ever Done in FTL

Postby mr silencer » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:06 am

I got the stasis pod the next sector was a rock home world, it took 2 uneventful jumps to get to the crystal sector and 1 jump to unlock the ship :D :D :D :D :D
Signature loading...
SBRover

Postby SBRover » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:46 pm

I once bought myself 2 rocks, having earned lots of scrap. The very next jump, I boarded a station...and one of them died. Damn. :evil:
zeek

Postby zeek » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:14 pm

SBRover wrote:I once bought myself 2 rocks, having earned lots of scrap. The very next jump, I boarded a station...and one of them died. Damn. :evil:

After trying to multitask between playing my 3DS and killing an AI ship with mantis boarders on a mantis B ship, I managed to asphyxiate them. So, I ended up having to board with my rockman and engi. I bought 2 rocks from a store after barely surviving for a while. Then I used them to board an AI ship with cloak and figured I had time to get them back before it could cloak again. Nope 2 rockmen down the drain. I rage quit but I probably still had a chance of making a comeback.
Krimsun

Postby Krimsun » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:16 pm

multitask? oh man do i know that feeling...
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:19 pm

While playing the Mantis B, I spaced out while watching my Mantises wreck an enemy's weapons, forgetting that the reason why I was watching my Mantises wreck an enemy's weapons was that it was an autoship, and I had just heard the low health warning. It was quite the rude surprise seeing them perish due to suffocation. :o :oops:

I was left with a Mantis-Human boarding pair, but later picked up a Rock, then a Mantis, then hired another Mantis, so I didn't have to board with a squishy meatsack.
Krimsun

Postby Krimsun » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:21 pm

fun fact. not even the crystal men can survive half a level 1 teleporter lenght
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:18 pm

Krimsun wrote:fun fact. not even the crystal men can survive half a level 1 teleporter lenght

Elaborate on this. I teleport rocks and crystals over to auto scouts all the time with only 1 bar in the teleporter. They live through it just fine with plenty of time to spare.

Or do you mean that you can't send 4 crystals into an automated ship with only 2x1 rooms, and get them all back safely with a lvl1 teleporter (because you have to bring them back in 2 sets). Yeah, that's true but you can get distressingly close :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Krimsun

Postby Krimsun » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:26 pm

5thHorseman wrote:
Krimsun wrote:fun fact. not even the crystal men can survive half a level 1 teleporter lenght

you can't send 4 crystals into an automated ship with only 2x1 rooms, and get them all back safely with a lvl1 teleporter (because you have to bring them back in 2 sets). Yeah, that's true but you can get distressingly close :)

umm yeah, the second. i was kind of tired at the time, you elaborated on what i said...
JStank

Postby JStank » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:00 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icCTBl1T4ZU
Died on first mission : LEVEL EASY

I was starting a LP of FTL and I stated in the beginning of the video that I was "very confident i could make it to the end... Famous last words!
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:25 pm

JStank wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icCTBl1T4ZU
Died on first mission : LEVEL EASY

I was starting a LP of FTL and I stated in the beginning of the video that I was "very confident i could make it to the end... Famous last words!

Yikes! You needed to take care of that fire ASAP by either running your guy in right away, or running him out and opening all the doors in the back of the boat. You turned a mundane battle into a loss by allowing it to spread like that!
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."