[Mod][Wip] Robotic Cruiser v0.4

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Jonfon

Re: [Mod][Wip] Robotic Cruiser v0.4

Postby Jonfon » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:23 pm

DCChuckles wrote:I like how you changed slug b, but couldn't you put it in a different mod? Too many people won' t hear about it, I feel.

I could indeed. I didn't feel like I changed enough to warrant and entirely new mod, it's just a showcase for some weapons I messed around with really. If I can come up with more uniqueness to add to it I'll certainly give it a go. I've an idea to make a more organic ship so maybe I'll run with that as a new mod.
kemper0821

Postby kemper0821 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:36 am

This ship is insanely underpowered. I recommend you give it shields. It needs it for how weak it feels to be. Or it needs a cloak. I died within the first few jumps... Or give it some better weapons, or a better drone. It is very hard to go very long with this ship imo. If you could nerf the ship for the better it would be great.
Vuliev

Postby Vuliev » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:52 pm

I like the concept (mostly), but it's got some serious issues. I can deal with not having shields for the first sector or so, but shields don't work even after buying them. Also, when you buy the shield system from a store, you have to spend another 100 scrap to get the first shield layer, which doesn't happen with the Stealth A or B.

Enemy offensive drones mysteriously disappear after hitting the ship once, and the same thing happens when trying to use Hull Repair drones.

If you fix those bugs (especially the Hull Repair one), I'd much rather have the Drone Reactor Booster than the Repair Arm. That Repair Arm seriously hurts your scrap generation in the first couple sectors, and that scrap can easily make or break a run.
j01

Postby j01 » Sun May 05, 2013 9:28 am

Can someone please, please, please take this core concept (crewless ship) and just apply that to the standard engi ship B, and release it as a separate mod?

I don't care for the extra features in this mod, but I really want to play a crewless, robotic, automated engi B.

It doesn't even have to have the ghost crew if it can still work without them.
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Sun May 05, 2013 2:55 pm

Go to my anterian mod and play that if you want some robots on crewless ships^^

But in fact, if you wanna have a crewless engi B just get the superluminal editor in this forum, load engi B, go to options for that ship and set the engi crew amount to zero, pack it to .ftl and done. Once a ship has no crew it is ai automatically by FTL. Not that hard to do.
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
Annilalate

Postby Annilalate » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:56 am

For whatever reason, my cutting beam is successful in leaving breaches. However, the shield doesn't actually, well, shield.I can buy it and power it, but no crewman will man it and it won't produce a shield.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:32 am

It may not have an actual station. Check your shield in the blueprints.xml (the section that lists ship systems), and compare to original blueprints.xml. It sounds like a typo has broken the shield system.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Sovereighn2280

Postby Sovereighn2280 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:20 pm

Sorry if this was already mention and I overlooked it :( .

The Nexus is incompatible with the Infinite Space mod. When I had The Nexus and Infinite Space installed I still was being chased by rebels, I didn't get the scrap bonus, and it still gave me regular sectors. Long story short, Nexus and Infinite Space seem incompatible and the game still acts like I'm playing without Infinite Space. Or I overlooked something and I'm really stupid... :oops:

EDIT: I just now noticed that McMakadam mentioned this
McMakadam wrote:This mod interfere with the "Disable fleet" mod (the fleet stills appear after a few jumps).
:oops:
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:03 am

Also, Infinite Space is currently incompatible with the latest version of FTL, v1.03.3
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Sovereighn2280

Postby Sovereighn2280 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:37 pm

UltraMantis wrote:Also, Infinite Space is currently incompatible with the latest version of FTL, v1.03.3

I've been playing with 1.03.1 (I think) so I could still play with Infinite Space. My thinking is that either, because the first "event" text is altered slightly, Infinite Space doesn't completely register, or Robotic Cruiser is updated to the compatible with 1.03.3 and thus, when used with Infinite Space, it causes IS to be negated entirely...