FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
mr silencer

Re: [open beta] FTL Captains Edition 0.962

Postby mr silencer » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:42 am

snowhusky5 wrote:
mr silencer wrote:hey mr sleeper service. i have an idea that could be good or bad depending on what you think. a few topics down in mod development called (Idea) sry for taking a post spot (zombie idea) That is the post name, weird right? could you tell me what you think of the idea?

This is not a good idea, for many reasons. 1st of all, I doubt that races can be modded. Also, there shouldn't be an event where you are guaranteed to lose a crewmember. 3rd, zombies cannot fly spaceships, so they can't be a race. There are even more bad things here, but I'm leaving those to someone else

jvkfljgkls;rjgrlesgjtlrgjsipodfhiore. If you would have read the post you would know that it didnt say they should pilot ships :evil: :evil: i dont care if its not fair that you lose a crew member, it would make it interesting and you would have something else to worry about other than zoltan shields, low hull, enemy missiles, you get the picture. and what do you mean you will leave those other things to someone else, do you really think that just because you didnt like the idea everybody will hate it. It depends on the mod developer if he wants to consider the idea not just you. the whole idea was to add more variety to the text events that this mod does so greatly. Now please this game was built about logic and we see the future as the zombie apocalypse so maybe some world beacons could have outbreaks like that, like one of the vanilla text events. and in some zombie movies there is one smart zombie that teaches the others how to do various tasks. And yeah i am over reacting about your post but us humans respond to criticism more than compliments and i knew that, i choose to be defensive for whatever reason but as I said humans respond to criticism more that compliments. OH and by the way i didnt mean it as galaxy wide. just a planet or 2 in a nebula or maybe one planet in a hostile sector. i also stated at the end that it was just an idea and if it was put to action they can alter it if they want.
Signature loading...
Sleeper Service

Re: [open beta] FTL Captains Edition 0.97

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:21 am

Version 0.97 released

Trade Extension (TE_)
Trade Extension adds a very basic trade system to FTL. Trade goods come as 22 different augmentation type items. They can be bought and sold in trade events at each shop you visit. Different sectors supply and demand different commodities, transporting goods to other sectors nets profits. If you know where a certain cargo is in high demand and plan your route through the sectors accordingly you can make good scrap without endangering your ship. But be careful: Your Rebel pursues will not rest while you negotiate prices and load commodities. Trading takes time and makes the Rebel fleet catch up with you faster.

The trade system has is limited by what is possible with FTL events:
-Most important of all: Selling requires player corporation. When selling goods in the trade events, you need to sell the goods to the shop afterwards to get your full payment. There is no way to for modders to force you to do this, so cheating and breaking the trade system is possible every time you sell stuff in events. Just cooperate ok? :D To remind you of this situation, you will get a subtle hint every time you sell trade goods in events:
[Reminder: Not selling off the goods at the shop breaks the trade system and means you are cheating.]
-Player has to be sure that he has space when buying, else he has to leave an argumentation behind or sell one to the shop and loose some money
-Right now, you can't buy and sell during the same event
-Profit can't be balanced according to difficulty, trading gives the same profit on easy and normal, offsetting the balancing a little
-Pirate sector shops seems to not use the trade events, cause for this is unknown

0.97 changelog
-Trade Extension (TE) component added: all shop events modified, 22 trade goods introduced
-Trade goods added as loot to certain events
-Piracy options extended
-Commanding ships of generally hostile factions lets you get away with Piracy more easily
-Fuel events modified, some CE contend integrated, specially piracy (for once it can be you who lures ships into a trap with a distress beacon)
-BS: Stations empowered. Some more augs added to stations. They should feel more like a real threat now and fighting them should be more exiting.
-BS: Station encounter probability slightly lowered
-BS: Suicide capable stations should blow themselves up correctly now?
-Fixed some crashes that where caused by too long event texts (Rebel supply depot quest, encounters in Engi sectors, ...)

There also is a slightly revised version of the BA for Player Ships Addon now:
Captains Edition for Player Ships Addon 1.0

Enjoy!
Last edited by Sleeper Service on Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snowhusky5

Re: [open beta] FTL Captains Edition 0.962

Postby snowhusky5 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:35 pm

mr silencer wrote:
snowhusky5 wrote:
mr silencer wrote:hey mr sleeper service. i have an idea that could be good or bad depending on what you think. a few topics down in mod development called (Idea) sry for taking a post spot (zombie idea) That is the post name, weird right? could you tell me what you think of the idea?

This is not a good idea, for many reasons. 1st of all, I doubt that races can be modded. Also, there shouldn't be an event where you are guaranteed to lose a crewmember. 3rd, zombies cannot fly spaceships, so they can't be a race. There are even more bad things here, but I'm leaving those to someone else

jvkfljgkls;rjgrlesgjtlrgjsipodfhiore. If you would have read the post you would know that it didnt say they should pilot ships :evil: :evil: i dont care if its not fair that you lose a crew member, it would make it interesting and you would have something else to worry about other than zoltan shields, low hull, enemy missiles, you get the picture. and what do you mean you will leave those other things to someone else, do you really think that just because you didnt like the idea everybody will hate it. It depends on the mod developer if he wants to consider the idea not just you. the whole idea was to add more variety to the text events that this mod does so greatly. Now please this game was built about logic and we see the future as the zombie apocalypse so maybe some world beacons could have outbreaks like that, like one of the vanilla text events. and in some zombie movies there is one smart zombie that teaches the others how to do various tasks. And yeah i am over reacting about your post but us humans respond to criticism more than compliments and i knew that, i choose to be defensive for whatever reason but as I said humans respond to criticism more that compliments. OH and by the way i didnt mean it as galaxy wide. just a planet or 2 in a nebula or maybe one planet in a hostile sector. i also stated at the end that it was just an idea and if it was put to action they can alter it if they want.

I did read your post, and you said that zombies would replace crystals as a race. Since there are no races in ftl which you can't get as crew, this would mean that zombies, in your idea, would be possible crewmembers. And this isn't really something else to worry about; there are already boarding events in FTL, I don't think adding a zombie boarding event would add anything new. Also since when is the future seen as a zombie apocalypse by any significant fraction of the Earth's population?

BTW, if you want people to read and reply to your suggestion, I recommend formatting it with paragraphs and splitting up some of the long sentences into smaller ones, and possibly a little bold text. Having a big block of text makes it less likely for anyone to want to take the time to read your idea.
mr silencer

Re: [open beta] FTL Captains Edition 0.97

Postby mr silencer » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:37 pm

ok, ill go fix it. thinking back i didnt mean to say replace but do what the ghost stories mod does.
Signature loading...
Sleeper Service

Re: [open beta] FTL Captains Edition 0.971

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:19 pm

Thanks to a detailed error report send in by kartoFlane CE should run much more stable now.

0.971 changelog
-Several bad weapon IDs purged
-One bad ship.txt reference fixed
-Missing files for Fed Bomber added
-Missing sound file added
-Other minor errors fixed

Please report in if random crashes persist.
Nevill

Re: [open beta] FTL Captains Edition 0.972

Postby Nevill » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:10 pm

Had another go at it. The run ended due to the same crash. This time, it was in a nebula. Since events in nebulas are different from the ones in regular beacons, I suspect that the crash is equipment-related.

Haven't noticed much errors otherwise, except for this screenshot (text out of bounds).
http://postimg.org/image/fjsljmkah/

It was nice to see bases doing something special from time to time - Rocks inviting me to the shop after a display of force, Slugs disabling some systems here and there. Boarding the stations is a good alternative to HP grinding. I wish they had more personnel to spice things up. Futhermore, the game might benefit from more events for when the battle station surrenders, for those who, like me, favor quick combat.

Autoturrets with no evasion are still somewhat boring, though.

Also, on this run I had several encounters with rebels at exit beacons. The new cruiser model is definitely badass.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:38 pm

Working on it.

0.972 changelog
-Slug Exterminator ship.txt reference fixed for real now?
-Bad destroyed tag of one pirate station purged
CrashSanders

Postby CrashSanders » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:53 pm

Sometimes a tip in the very beginning of the game have a glitchy words in it's end that are unreadable due to constant and rapid changing.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:14 pm

Apparently that has something to do with the unicode signs that where used when I wrote these in Open Office. I correctly don't know how to fix that without rewriting every tip inside my xml editor... Which tip did that happen in? There where reports that this is mainly caused by apostrophes, but some of the tips the error occurred had non. Looking into it.

Meanwhile, in the drone department:
CrashSanders

Postby CrashSanders » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:44 pm

Are those... ION DRONES?