(not steam) game crashes with certain crusier

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
mr silencer

(not steam) game crashes with certain crusier

Postby mr silencer » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:46 am

I know you guys get this a lot and it was probably already answered but my game sometimes crashes when I use the federation ship you get when you beat the game. It only happens when a enemy or me ftl's or when i go to the next sector. if you have any explination could you please respond
Signature loading...
boa13

Re: (not steam) game crashes with certain crusier

Postby boa13 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:13 am

Have you ever modded the game in any way?
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
mr silencer

Postby mr silencer » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:22 am

Yeah usually just more wepons, drones, augments and the better planets and a lot more
Signature loading...
boa13

Postby boa13 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:00 am

So, it's quite possible that is one of the mods that is making your game crash. Try uninstalling everything and deleting the folder where FTL is installed, and then reinstall FTL.

This should not affect your scores, unlocked ships, and achievements, because they are stored in a separate folder. It would not hurt to make a backup of that folder, just in case: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1892
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
mr silencer

Postby mr silencer » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:08 am

yeah i see what you mean w/ the mods, it works perfectly without them
Signature loading...
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:54 pm

Mods arent very compatible with each other and even less across various versions of FTL. Not all mods are updated for the latest version.

The Federation cruiser is also a very hardcoded ship, that means unmoddable. Someone may have found a loophole to make changes and mod it but at the expense of stability. Generally mods are not thoroughly tested and even when they are, they might conflict in unusuall ways with other mods. It's allways a good idea to read the mod topic to see what the community feedback is like. Saves some trouble.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
mr silencer

Postby mr silencer » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:58 am

Thanks
Signature loading...