[MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
epeli

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Postby epeli » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:29 pm

Wow, this mod (and thread!) sure has grown since I last played it, that was back in version 0.16, I think.

Some feedback on version 0.44 (without hires backgrounds):

General:
Awesome. This mod has reached a point where it stays challenging all the way to the point where your ship is fully kitted out. The new advanced technology items truly are ridiculously powerful once you get a set you like, but it still is hard to create a setup that is truly immortal in all situations the mod throws at you. Great work.

Typos:
* (new) You find a captin's log
*The Rock Crusier lets lose an abnormally large Ion blast

Bugs:
* Zoltan shields on enemy ships don't work (after the first shielded enemy?)
* Some +weapon and +drone names are misplaced in the UI.
* On harder variants of bosses that disable some of your systems, said systems will remain disabled even after the boss ship has been destroyed, until you warp out.

Crashes - had some, but they might not be related to IS, but rather FTL itself:
* clean ctd on no fuel event, after a few consecutive waits without distress beacon (event bug?)
* clean ctd when pressing esc on crew full screen (I doubt this is related to this mod)
Tooks

Postby Tooks » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:14 am

I'm really interested in jumping into this mod however I was wondering if its possible to still unlock ships with it? I only have 2 ships unlocked at the moment (picked this game up quite recently). I imagine its impossible to unlock the ship thats only unlockable from beating the last boss but i was wondering about the others.
Estel

Postby Estel » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:46 am

Your question was replied ~3 post ago (on previous page, for sure) - pretty please, read *at least* few first and few last pages of thread, before asking questions.
---

"From the different barrel" - hate to bump unnecessary, but any progress on making this mod compatible with latest patch? Fixing bugs as per:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3542&start=740#p51176

...would be great, too, but there are some ;) who would like to have chance of experiencing Infinite Space *without* reverting to old patch *or* getting rid of "better planets and asteroids" (the latter is even semi-dependency here, so getting rid of it is even more counter-productive for getting impression of mod).

Not "demanding" anything, just asking, as it's quite a long time without any news from OP.

/Estel
Tooks

Postby Tooks » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:37 pm

Estel wrote:Your question was replied ~3 post ago (on previous page, for sure) - pretty please, read *at least* few first and few last pages of thread, before asking questions.

I'm not sure if you're talking to me but I'm going to assume you were as no one else on this page has asked a question. The only thing regarding the unlocking of ships on page 74 was a question asking if you could use your unlocked ships with this mod, which I did not ask. I can't see anything else on that page regarding my question :/

Though I did skim through quite possibly the first 30 pages of this mod looking for my information before I posted my question.
drunkmunky

Postby drunkmunky » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:18 pm

Tooks, I'm afraid your question was answered on page 74.

You're right in that the question asked wasn't quite the same as yours...

Their question: "Do you keep unlocked ships"
Your question: "Can you unlock more ships".

However, the answer given applied to both scenarios: "You keep everything you have and even unlock new things by playing. They stay after the mod is removed."
Jayof9s

Postby Jayof9s » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:51 pm

I'm running into an issue getting this mod to work. I've got FTL through Steam, I downloaded the mod manager and had it patch in Infinite Space and all that works. I load the game and Infinite Space is there in the title and I can select a ship but once I attempt to start a game FTL crashes.

All I get in the crash log for FTL is:

Version = 1.03.3

Stack Trace:

1 - 0x00588ba0
2 - 0x00507d7b
3 - 0x005a0ef8
4 - 0x0069415b
5 - 0x004010fd
6 - 0x77399ef2 RtlInitializeExceptionChain
7 - 0x77399ec5 RtlInitializeExceptionChain

Which doesn't tell me much but figured I'd post it. Any help?

Edit: I had been using the version with the High-Res backgrounds and decided to try the version with standard backgrounds. With the standard backgrounds it seems to work fine. Not sure why the High-Res pack would have caused a problem.
lacrosse117

Error: Exception in Thread

Postby lacrosse117 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:21 pm

When I run the mod with GMM I get this and the mod doesn't run.
Untitled.png
mr silencer

Postby mr silencer » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:49 am

which version of the mod manager is that?
Signature loading...
Vhati

Re: Error: Exception in Thread

Postby Vhati » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:45 pm

lacrosse117 wrote:When I run the mod with GMM I get this and the mod doesn't run.

Well... the High-res version is ~20 megs.
Maybe your download was interrupted, resulting in a corrupt archive?

(*.ftl files are really zips, just with a different name)

mr silencer wrote:which version of the mod manager is that?

Good catch. "...\build\pyi.win32\" suggests an old version of GMM.
But I don't see how that would contribute to this particular error.
mr silencer

Postby mr silencer » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:47 pm

there are some mods that have to be in a certain order. i dont have infinite space mod but if if comes in a folder with other files take the mod files out of the folder. but as i said i never got that mod
Signature loading...