FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: [open beta] FTL Captains Edition 0.953

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:09 am

Torchwood202 wrote:Personally, I think you should add more events to this awesome mod.

I'd love that too but unfortunately that is also the most difficult thing to test. Not even the stuff that is in right now seems to be working perfectly and I'm already pretty scared of testing the cruiser events. :?
RaiseoHitsu

Postby RaiseoHitsu » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:18 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:
Torchwood202 wrote:Personally, I think you should add more events to this awesome mod.

I'd love that too but unfortunately that is also the most difficult thing to test. Not even the stuff that is in right now seems to be working perfectly and I'm already pretty scared of testing the cruiser events. :?

Yeah I still get a crash every now and then when I go in a beacon, not nice when you're playing for some time, but then again I think "Well, that's the price to pay for playing this awesome collection of mods!".

Maybe put some new flavourful events, I liked how you could talk with your crew in that mod called Sonata (I think it was called that, the one inspired to Endless space).
But yeah, keep up the great work! ('-')/

On another note, just to be on the safe side, I presume this mod is compatible with yours?
[MOD] High-res background graphics [V1.0] viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3107
It says it modifies events_imageList.xml
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:12 am

I've been wondering, what did you cut from this mod, and why didn't it work? I know there's stuff in the files about some things like ion beams and effector drones, but if it's not too much to ask would you mind discussing why they were cut?

And I would ask you about those drone pictures you posted for the next version, but I'd like that to be a surprise.
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:51 am

RaiseoHitsu wrote:On another note, just to be on the safe side, I presume this mod is compatible with yours?
[MOD] High-res background graphics [V1.0] viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3107
It says it modifies events_imageList.xml

Yes, that should work without any problems (usually using it myself).
aaaaaa50 wrote:I've been wondering, what did you cut from this mod, and why didn't it work? I know there's stuff in the files about some things like ion beams and effector drones, but if it's not too much to ask would you mind discussing why they were cut?

And I would ask you about those drone pictures you posted for the next version, but I'd like that to be a surprise.

The ion beams are a relics from the very first spriting secessions for BA. Ion damage on beams is bugged currently and causes complete shield ionization when fired. I don't consider this balancable, also doesn't feel vanilla. Originaly the beams where planed to have coloured beams attached to the anim sprites, but that gave them an odd image size which then bugged the power up/power down animations. :(

The effector drones and all the bomb drones where planed to use bomb weapons, which didn't worked out on drones (I thought I read somewhere it would). I tried to rework the bomb drones into slow firing mine layer drones (missile weapons) but wasn't pleased with how that looked in the end. Also didn't feel like something that would be in vanilla. Not good enough! :evil: I tried the same with the effector drones, using invisible missile and explosion graphics to create the effector effect. But ion missiles from drones seem to have problems piercing shields, always ionizing them like normal ion shots, so this was scraped as well. I worked on some light missile drones now that will probably take the place of the bomb drones at some point.

The anti-bio drone technically worked, but the way AI beam targeting works made it impossible for the drone to hit crew in some situations (can never hit the crewmen on the helm of the rebel fighter for example). You are such a disappointment, anti-bio drone.

Cruiser extension is almost done, so the next update will be out soon and it got bigger than I thought. A bit of everything will be in it.
RaiseoHitsu

Postby RaiseoHitsu » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:16 am

Bug report time! Civilian sector 1 with Mantis Cruiser (but I think I saw this error with other ships too, always sector 1).

Code: Select all

Assertion failed!

Program: ...
File: src/rapidxml/rapidxml.hpp
Line: 1383

Expression: text
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:47 am

RaiseoHitsu wrote:

Code: Select all

Assertion failed!

Program: ...
File: src/rapidxml/rapidxml.hpp
Line: 1383

Expression: text

Hm the problem is that I don’t really know what that means. No idea where the error comes from exactly (event? bad ID name? problem with unicode character? what does text refer to?). Can anyone with deeper code knowledge explain that?

I know at last about one bad weapon ID name, in the weapon list for the Rock Missile Barge. If that actually causes crashes than it could be the thing that makes beacons crush on load as the ship can appear almost everywhere as a pirate. Still don't know what causes the sector load errors. Are they still happening?

Sorry again for the trouble, I still recommend to cheat save from time to time to preserve your run. I think there is a good chance to avoid crashes when you reload, as they are just seem to occur during randomization of beacon/sectors.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:30 pm

It indicates where the error was detected, but not in the mod's files, but in FTL's rapidxml library. So it's of no use to you (unless you have access to rapidxml's source code, then you could check the line and see what the code does there, hopefully allowing you to determine the cause of the error)
Best way to report bugs in FTL mods is to just write down what circumstances they were encountered in...
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
RaiseoHitsu

Postby RaiseoHitsu » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:40 pm

No idea really, I know I crashed like 2 or 3 times during the first civilian sector talking about 10-15-20 games? not sure.
I did crash once during sector 4 but I'm fairly positive that wasn't civilian, and maybe another time (don't remember where).
The ships I used were diverse so I guess it's not a problem there.
Sorry that I can't be of more help.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:15 pm

Yeah player ships most likely have nothing to do with it. Lets see how 0.96 will run...

Creating some additional capital ships classes now. I'm pretty sure that adding pursuit modification to FLEET_HARD and FLEET_EASY causes crashes when the even is loaded in rebel occupied beacons during the last stand, so the whole concept might not work out as intended... pursuit modifying cruiser could still be encountered at the exit beacon though.
Sleeper Service

Re: [open beta] FTL Captains Edition 0.96

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:27 am

0.96 Beta released:
-Cruiser Extension component added (two new enemy ship models with five layouts in total, not including elite variants; new unique events to encounter the ships in, fleet events heavily modified)
-DE: two high tier defense drones added
-BA: two high tier missile launchers, one mid tier laser and one low tier beam added.
-Most non faction specific vanilla events modified to support BA weapons for blue options
-Some vanilla events that involve civilian ships give you some new, morally questionable options now
-Rebel Transport event now draws its ships from an unique list that mainly contains new cargo ship classes
-Bad weapon ID name on Rock Missile Barge weapon list fixed. (caused random crashes on beacon load?)