[MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
civilizedAustin

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Postby civilizedAustin » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:16 am

Infinit Space without HQ backgrounds works as long as you don't choose to "wait in line" (event that CTDs)
Domo91

Postby Domo91 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:26 pm

woo!! it worked! But what is this Wait in Line event thing? Like when you run out of fuel?
Psykfall

Postby Psykfall » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:27 pm

You know you have played too long when you have lost count of the sectors, every system in your ship is fully upgraded, you have 8 crewmembers (of which only the original pilot is left, alot of them have died since start), you have all the weapons, drones and augments you want and you still have 10k scrap left.

I love this mod, great work.
cool_guy_sly

Postby cool_guy_sly » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:55 pm

This mod is SO awesome. Really makes the game a lot more challenging. So far I was only able to get one ship (Zoltan B) to the point where it can defeat any of the bosses without taking damage. Beam+, 3 BurstMissle+'s, 2 Attack drone+s and a pre igniter can destroy anything! It was super fun up to that point though, I lost countless crew members and like the previous poster only had one of my origonal 4 left. Once I got bored of that ship I "decomissioned" it by dismissing all my crew other than my least favorite one then double clicked open all doors.

Ive only encountered one bug so far, and surprisingly it wasnt the wait in line one. That quest works fine for me. My problem occurs everytime I try and wait for fuel with my distress beacon on. When I try that it crashes to desktop. It works when I turn the beacon off though so no worries. Im running the patch before the latest of FTL though with only the more names mod installed.

Keep up the good work!
nerael

Postby nerael » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:49 am

Hi all! I'm really interested in checking out the Infinite Space mod... I had a question though : is it possible to keep your unlocked ships when switching to the mod? I want to be able to play the mod with more than just the Kestrel A...

I tried just leaving my save file as-is, but when I hit START after selecting my ship it will always crash the FTL client. Not sure what to do short of manually unlocking everything again, or modifying the save file somehow.

BTW - Using v 1.03.3 of FTL alongside v 0.4.4 of Infinite Space Mod.

If this has been answered somewhere, please direct me to the post.

Any help is appreciated! :)
SomeFederationPerson

Postby SomeFederationPerson » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:57 am

This is just a idea/proposal for a new thing for the mod, I think instead of having pirate automated scouts you should rename it to colonial empire as well as re adding rebel ship to renaming it colonial empire. Can u also add the more of the music to the different sectors. I also got the mod and I love it!
Finarous

Postby Finarous » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:07 am

Hi there, I must say this sounds like a fantastic idea, but I have run into a problem. This maybe due to the mod manager, but whenever I attempt to verify it the file it says I0Error [Errno 22] Invalid Argument. i don't speak gibberish so can someone at least point me in the direction of aid? Any help from anyone is very appreciated.
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:11 am

Finarous wrote:This maybe due to the mod manager, but whenever I attempt to {verify} {the file}, {it} says I0Error [Errno 22] Invalid Argument.
I take it you mean "GMM" says IOError when you attempt to "validate" either "Infinite Space_0.4.4.ftl" or "Infinite Space_0.4.4 High-res.ftl"?

Paste the contents of modman-log.txt in a reply using [ code ] tags, and I'll see if I can interpret. ;)
Are you able to validate any other mods without errors?
Watcher

Postby Watcher » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:41 am

Amunak wrote:I got a crash on the "wait in line like everyone else" (custom?) event. I have no other mods installed and I have the latest version of both FTL and this mod to date. I had plenty of fuel, missiles, scrap and drones. My ship was greatly upgraded. And I lost the save by that crash...

I just ran in to this as well. Hope it gets fixed in the next patch!
(and yeah, I think it's a custom(from the mod) event, never ran into it in vanilla)
Finarous

Postby Finarous » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:22 am

Vhati wrote:
Finarous wrote:This maybe due to the mod manager, but whenever I attempt to {verify} {the file}, {it} says I0Error [Errno 22] Invalid Argument.
I take it you mean "GMM" says IOError when you attempt to "validate" either "Infinite Space_0.4.4.ftl" or "Infinite Space_0.4.4 High-res.ftl"?

Paste the contents of modman-log.txt in a reply using [ code ] tags, and I'll see if I can interpret. ;)
Are you able to validate any other mods without errors?

2013-07-07 18:21:28 INFO: No info for selected mod: Infinite Space_0.4.4 High-res (7cc2ab14b77f31ed3100e370e113f9a0).
2013-07-07 18:21:31 ERROR: [Errno 22] Invalid argument
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 909, in validate_mod
mod_zip = zf.ZipFile(mod_path, "r")
File "C:\Python27\lib\zipfile.py", line 714, in __init__
self._GetContents()
File "C:\Python27\lib\zipfile.py", line 748, in _GetContents
self._RealGetContents()
File "C:\Python27\lib\zipfile.py", line 781, in _RealGetContents
fp.seek(self.start_dir, 0)
IOError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument

Makes no sense to me.