FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
JamesBlake

Re: [open beta] FTL Captains Edition 0.952

Postby JamesBlake » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:54 pm

I just made my account so that I could gush at how awesome this mod is. I got it a few days ago, and It's easily my favorite mod so far. I'm big into "vanilla-like" mods and this one is, in my book, king.
spacecadet13

Postby spacecadet13 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:21 am

I've downloaded and unzipped the files - Drones & Captains editions but can't locate the .ftl file, just the data, img and audio folders. I have GMM, and have other mods ???
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:02 am

spacecadet13 wrote:I've downloaded and unzipped the files - Drones & Captains editions but can't locate the .ftl file, just the data, img and audio folders. I have GMM, and have other mods ???

The zipped file is the .ftl file that GMM reads. You can unzip it if you want to look at the files for the mod, but to make it actually work you have to use the unzipped file that you downloaded.
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:11 am

slowriderxcorps wrote:Alright, that was a bit of a test. I had two crashes, one with an event crashing on startup in the Slug Nebula (although that /might/ have been caused by one of my changes, so don't hold me to it), and a second one regarding the Rebel auto-turret guarding a supply station. That one is caused by the tags for the aftermath of defeating the turret having differing spellings of Defense (one with an S, the other a C).

Nice one! :) Thats exactly the kind of feedback I need, no way I would have noticed that on my own. :oops: Fixed that and some other stuff as well. Couldn't pinpoint the problem with the slug sectors yet, but I tried some stuff with editional text in the ship spawning event capsule, might work now. I'm pretty sure the hacking station causes the problem.
Some modified vanilla events are in now as well, three more ways to deal with the giant spiders for example.

0.953 Beta
-Setellite supply depot event fixed
-Modified vanilla events added again
-Light lasers (weapons and drones) projectile speed increased
-Some drone values adjusted
-A few offsets and names adjusted
spacecadet13

Re: [open beta] FTL Captains Edition 0.953

Postby spacecadet13 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:20 pm

Sorry, don't want to waste time/annoy anyone but, zipped or unzipped, when I open GMM (v1.7) the only mod files it sees are FTL files, and zipped or unzipped there is nothing coming up for either the Drones mod or Captains edition.

"The zipped file is the .ftl file that GMM reads. You can unzip it if you want to look at the files for the mod, but to make it actually work you have to use the unzipped file that you downloaded" ...in the mods directory, the files as downloaded show as zipped/compressed types, and extracted they're just file folders, neither of which come up in the mods list when GMM is run. I have the stand alone diversity mod and others which are all shown as FTL files, can't get that for these ones, and this is mod I really like the sound of, concept/lore wise. Most mods are either woefully unbalanced or get too far away from the vanilla FTL experience for my liking, this seems like it will expand the FTL experience without diminishing it.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:10 am

Sorry that it doesn't work for you. I just tried again, for me the .ftl file shows in GMM correctly. Might be an issue with your GMM? Not sure, you might want to post that in the GMM thread... Anyone else has that problem?

0.954 content
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:40 am

I'd ask around the GMM thread, but a .ftl file is a compressed file, and you're not supposed to unzip it. Maybe you're having an issue with downloading it through your web browser, or whatever software you have for dealing with compressed files does something to the filetype of the mods?
spacecadet13

Postby spacecadet13 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:08 pm

Thanks, has to be something to do with settings on my home PC 'cause I tried it on the slower,older laptop and it's all good!
Ginger Dragon

Postby Ginger Dragon » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:33 am

Hey, I did a let's play of this mod, just figured I'd let you know.
Here's part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NiZPRxz ... RQLFPpHJME
The only not worthy quirks I noticed were:
A few typos here and there.
The Fed Assault is WAY too low on the HUD.
One of the weapons (I think it would be slot number 2) is a bit too far to the right on the Fed Gunslinger, as the weapon just sorta floats in space without a physical attachment to the ship. :P

Beyond that though, I freaking love this mod! As I said in this video, it feels just like an expansion pack for FTL. A lot of new content that still fits in canon very nicely!
Check out my youtube channel. I do FTL mod playthroughs, as well as all kinds of other assorted games.
http://www.youtube.com/user/GingerDragon87?feature=mhee
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:09 pm

Hey Ginger Dragon, if you're going to do more playthrough with the mod, you should try out the Balanced Arsenal for Player Ships Addon 1.2 (There's a link in the first post.) It mixes up the starting weapons and drones for all player ships.