[SHIP] Medi Cruiser (WIP) [v0.2_1 updated 16/6/13]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Thunderr

Re: [SHIP] Medi Cruiser (WIP) [v0.2c updated 4/6/13]

Postby Thunderr » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:45 pm

speedoflight wrote:f u use a custom ship replacing the federation slot (i did twice in my mods) u will encounter the cloak in shops as the regular game. If not, something wrong is going on.

Agreed.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:04 am

speedoflight wrote:
Metzelmax wrote:Not sure if you are aware of this... If you replace the fed cruiser with any costum ship, this ship will never encounter a cloak to buy at a store. That is hardcoded because fed cruiser has his art beam. So if you want the player to be able to buy a cloak later on you should replace a different ship.

I dont understand this. Cloak does nothing to do with the federation artillery beam, it doesnt matter if u are using a custom ship or not. If u use a custom ship replacing the federation slot (i did twice in my mods) u will encounter the cloak in shops as the regular game. If not, something wrong is going on. My 2 mods replaces all slots in the game and i never had trouble to find cloak with any custom ship, not even in the federation slot.

I replaced the Osprey (Federation A) ship with a prototype of my "Potential" ship that had an artillery beam. I put a cloak in it too, but you had to buy it. I played 3 runs all the way through and never saw a cloak.

I modified the file to put it instead in the Kestrel slot, and the first shop I went to had a cloak.

Do you have a .ftl file that puts a ship in the Federation A or B slot where you can buy a cloak? I'd like to see it to see what I was doing wrong.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:56 am

speedoflight wrote:
Metzelmax wrote:Not sure if you are aware of this... If you replace the fed cruiser with any costum ship, this ship will never encounter a cloak to buy at a store. That is hardcoded because fed cruiser has his art beam. So if you want the player to be able to buy a cloak later on you should replace a different ship.

I dont understand this. Cloak does nothing to do with the federation artillery beam, it doesnt matter if u are using a custom ship or not. If u use a custom ship replacing the federation slot (i did twice in my mods) u will encounter the cloak in shops as the regular game. If not, something wrong is going on. My 2 mods replaces all slots in the game and i never had trouble to find cloak with any custom ship, not even in the federation slot.

It doesnt have to do with the art beam, just with the slot of the fed cruiser. Because that ship has the art beam in vanilla the developers decided that you cant buy a cloak on that ship, since the ui doesnt fit all systems then. And even if you are putting a ship into that slot that doesnt have an art beam, it still will never see a cloak in stores.
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
smokedham

Postby smokedham » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:43 pm

On Jenner mod, you can buy drone bay, but you can't use any drones. The drone that comes with the drone bay is put in the cargo area. The drone bay does not show up in the equipment section after you buy it, but it does appear on the main screen. Is this the way it was meant to work?
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:13 am

Metzelmax wrote:
speedoflight wrote:

It doesnt have to do with the art beam, just with the slot of the fed cruiser. Because that ship has the art beam in vanilla the developers decided that you cant buy a cloak on that ship, since the ui doesnt fit all systems then. And even if you are putting a ship into that slot that doesnt have an art beam, it still will never see a cloak in stores.

U wrong.. im tired of seen cloak in stores using the fed slot with a custom ship... and even if the ui cant allow cloak, it doesnt mean it will crash, just the ui will look uglier, but thats all.. u will see tons of mods "breaking" the ui with cloak, artillery beam, teleport, and even more than 4 drone slots LOL. Yes the ui looks really bad, but it doesnt mean it will crash or anything else.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:15 am

smokedham wrote:On Jenner mod, you can buy drone bay, but you can't use any drones. The drone that comes with the drone bay is put in the cargo area. The drone bay does not show up in the equipment section after you buy it, but it does appear on the main screen. Is this the way it was meant to work?

Yes, when u buy a system, automatically it is installed on the ship room designed for it. If the ship has no room for that system, u will waste the scrap but u will not be allowed to install that system (and u will waste scrap for nothing), so watch out!!.
ImageImage
jonny_AB

Postby jonny_AB » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:35 am

A quick note:
- On the Jenner ship, <droneSlots> is set to 0. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be like this, as I didn't code this ship, Thunderr did. As such, I have no intention to change it.
- A direct quote from the from the 1.03.3 bug patch thread found here
Matthew wrote:
Twinge wrote:* If possible, Stealth Weapons should be set to rarity=0 for the Federation Cruiser.

We try not to make the universe change because you're flying a certain ship. The world doesn't revolve around you :-P

I'd assume that this means that it is possible to encounter a cloak system in shops when using the Fed Cruiser.

However, I will still be changing the Medi Cruiser to replace a different ship, as I'd like to not have these long and overly drawn out "discussions" on this thread.
A new version should be up soon.
My Mods:
Need to contact me? Shoot me a tweet @Jonny_AB
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:56 am

jonny_AB wrote:A quick note:
- On the Jenner ship, <droneSlots> is set to 0. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be like this, as I didn't code this ship, Thunderr did. As such, I have no intention to change it.
- A direct quote from the from the 1.03.3 bug patch thread found here
Matthew wrote:
Twinge wrote:* If possible, Stealth Weapons should be set to rarity=0 for the Federation Cruiser.

We try not to make the universe change because you're flying a certain ship. The world doesn't revolve around you :-P

I'd assume that this means that it is possible to encounter a cloak system in shops when using the Fed Cruiser.

However, I will still be changing the Medi Cruiser to replace a different ship, as I'd like to not have these long and overly drawn out "discussions" on this thread.
A new version should be up soon.

rarity = 0 means it will not show up in stores.

And no, u cant make stealth ships aug to not show on stores ONLY for the federation cruiser, thats impossible. U can make it to not show up in stores for every player ship, but not for one specific.

And as i said (ow, its like i write a lot for nobody to read, this is great, nice community lol) u CAN find a cloak in stores even using the federation slot.
ImageImage
jonny_AB

Re: [SHIP] Medi Cruiser (WIP) [v0.2_1 updated 16/6/13]

Postby jonny_AB » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:28 am

speedoflight, I'm starting to think you didn't even read that quote.

In that thread, which I linked purposefully so that you and others may read it, Twinge is suggesting to Matthew that when flying the Federation Cruiser, the cloaking system's rarity should be set to 0.

I was not ignoring what you were saying, on the contrary, I was agreeing and even putting forward evidence to support your claim.

Mind you, I was only doing so because I was quite tired of this discussion being dragged out on my thread.

So now, the only thing that has yet to be resolved is whether or not can you take a hint.
My Mods:
Need to contact me? Shoot me a tweet @Jonny_AB
speedoflight

Re: [SHIP] Medi Cruiser (WIP) [v0.2_1 updated 16/6/13]

Postby speedoflight » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:43 am

Yes, i read the quote, but it doesnt say anything about wat u just said in the previous posts. Of course i hope u are not pretending everybody to read the entire thread just quoting that part of it, its non sense. If u want that, u should just omitted that quote and posted a link to the thread..

And its non sense to put the cloak rarity to 0 when u use the Federation cruiser, or any other system or augmentation, thats wat i was saying. The quote in that thread is useless, since u can play with the Federation slot just like if u play with any other ship, u will see cloak in stores, stealth weapons in stores, etc.. i really dont understant the complete issue about this lol. And i dont understand the problems u guys are having with the federation slot... im tired of mod ships in that slots and i never had a problem. Just saying..
ImageImage