[Ship][WIP]Earth's finest

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
speedoflight

Re: [Ship][WIP]Earth's finest

Postby speedoflight » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:21 am

U doing a really great job there. I really like the ship so far. Maybe wat i dont like too much is the difference between tones on the front part of the ship, produced by the cockpit? (im not sure if that is the cockpit, but it looks like). I mean maybe the reason is that it doesnt seem like a pilot cockpit (or maybe im talking too fast and u still didnt finish that part) anyways, i love the rest of the ship, and the glowing effects, keep it the hard work!.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
Christop

Postby Christop » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:06 am

I've got it working in game! I'll post the .ftl file when i've fixed a few problems.
Zremort

Postby Zremort » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:14 am

Holy cow! That's amazing! I love this, dude. You got it working so fast, I can't believe it. Well, I do happen to get mine working fast, too, but.. meh.. I just love it! Dude, you gotta keep making more of these ships!
Christop

Postby Christop » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:09 pm

And I'm finished! It's probably not very well balanced but at least it looks pretty.

Click the image to download, you're going to need GMM to install it.

Edit:
Oh and it replaces the second layout of the slug cruiser
Zremort

Postby Zremort » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:46 pm

Well, damn. This means I'm gonna have to unlock the two slug cruiser ships. But, can't wait to play it either way.
Christop

Postby Christop » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:52 pm

I'll switch it to the kestrel later tonight. Im on my phone atm. There is a profile editor knocking about on the forum somewhere if you're willing to cheat to unlock the ship
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:51 pm

your _floor image includes the ship itself. That could lead to some errors since (as far as I think) the cloak image gets is below the floor image so it maybe doesnt look as intended.

Also your ship cant use drones:

Code: Select all

<droneSlots>0</droneSlots>

this means you will be able to buy a drone control but there are no slots to actually put one in (ie normal ships have 2 slots, engi ship has 3).
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
Christop

Postby Christop » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:05 pm

Metzelmax wrote:your _floor image includes the ship itself. That could lead to some errors since (as far as I think) the cloak image gets is below the floor image so it maybe doesnt look as intended.

Also your ship cant use drones:

Code: Select all

<droneSlots>0</droneSlots>

this means you will be able to buy a drone control but there are no slots to actually put one in (ie normal ships have 2 slots, engi ship has 3).

I just finished my first test play though last night and I discovered my mistake with the drone system, I still need to do a play through where I purchase the stealth system. I may also tweak the ship's health as I beat the game with relative ease once I got my hands on a shield. (Though that might be due to the fact that I got lucky and found the highest tier of burst laser in sector 2 or 3).
Thunderr

Postby Thunderr » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:38 am

Does it have gibs?
Christop

Postby Christop » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:23 pm

Thunderr wrote:Does it have gibs?
Yes, really really bad ones.

Click the image for a fixed drone system