[Tool] FTL Ship Editor: Superluminal [NOT UPDATED TO AE]

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
kartoFlane

Re: [Tool] FTL Ship Editor: Superluminal - version 13-6-1

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:04 pm

New small update - kinda delayed this more than I should've because I thought I'd get my lazy ass to implement a new feature, but figured it's not worth it...

Anyway, changelog:
  • Fixed - Fixed a crash when exiting hull/shield/etc browsers without selecting an image.
  • Fixed - The editor should no longer crash when trying to hide/show grid while in fullscreen
  • Fixed - Also fixed a bug in creation of the grid, grid cells should now fill the entire work area in fullscreen (the missing cells were causing the editor to crash when attempting to hide the grid)
  • Fixed - Fixed glow images not being referenced back when loading a project.
  • Changed - Disabled crew max spinner, since it has no real effect anyway. From now on, in order to create an automated ship, simply leave all crew spinners at 0.
  • Added - Added tooltip texts to enemy crew spinners, indicating which row is responsible for minimum value, and which one for maximum value.

Dropbox Download Directory: Superluminal 13-6-1
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:51 pm

Thanks dude for another update. Im sure the program is near 100% perfection right now ;)
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
Thunderr

Postby Thunderr » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:34 pm

I have a pretty serious bug here. Whenever I try to load a .shp file I made with a previous version, the editor crashes without saving a bug report. MAJOR problem IMO.
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:09 pm

Thunderr wrote:I have a pretty serious bug here. Whenever I try to load a .shp file I made with a previous version, the editor crashes without saving a bug report. MAJOR problem IMO.

Yup happened to me time ago, but since everytime i download a new version of superluminal, i dont have any work in progress , i dont have any problems. I will suggest u, that u finish any ship u are working on before u jump to another superluminal version.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:46 pm

Huh. That's odd, I didn't change anything in regards to projects...
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:30 am

So, this is weird - it doesn't crash for me, everything gets loaded perfectly...
Since sending me your .shp won't really work (projects aren't easily transferable between PCs), I'll need you to test something on your end...

If you're using Windows, find superluminal.bat in superluminal's directory, open it with any text editor, and replace the second line with this:
start /b javaw.exe -jar superluminal_win64.jar -debug -IOdebug -log

For Linux, find superluminal.sh in superluminal's directory, open it with a text editor, replace 7th line with this:
java -classpath "${classpath}" -jar superluminal_linux32.jar -debug -IOdebug -log >debug.log 2>&1

For Mac, find superluminal.command next to superluminal's bundle, in superluminal's directory, and replace the last line with this:
"${maindir}/Superluminal.app/Contents/MacOS/runme" "$@" -debug -IOdebug -log;

Save, then double-click (or right-click, run in terminal). It'll start superluminal in a big ugly debug mode - try loading the project again. This time there should be some info in debug.log, though - I'll need you to send me that.
Thunderr

Postby Thunderr » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:51 pm

When I change that code, Superluminal just runs the same as it did before, and there is never any debug.log file saved in the directory, regardless of if the console is in debug mode or not.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:31 pm

...of course, I just HAD to forget to enable command line after my testing...

Well, I'll update dropbox files soon. For now, can you tell me if the editor is just crashing outright, or does it at least display the window telling you that it crashed?

edit: updated releases are up. The bat/command/shell scripts should now work properly.

edt 2: alright, nevermind, I found an older project of mine that started crashing the editor. Think I got it fixed now. I'll update the releases again in a bit.

edit 3: updated releases are up... Again. Fixed the project bug, along with some minor cosmetic changes.
TheNewbie

Postby TheNewbie » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:30 pm

Uhh... I have a problem. Everytime I click "export" Superluminal crashes. It has a crash report, but where is the directory in order to upload the error?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:46 pm

The file is named crash.log and is in the same directory as superluminal.exe.
Regarding the crash, I've encountered it myself already - it happens when your ship has no gibs. I've already fixed it and will upload the updated files later... Again...

For now, you can just create a gib with your ship's hull as the gib's image.