[SHIP] Medi Cruiser (WIP) [v0.2_1 updated 16/6/13]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
UltraMantis

Re: [SHIP] Medi Cruiser (WIP) [v0.2c updated 4/6/13]

Postby UltraMantis » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:09 am

kartoFlane wrote:Temporarily disable any ad-blocking software; AdBlockPlus, NoScript, etc

Those exist for a good reason, i don't see why disabling them would be a good idea.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:10 am

@Mantis
Blackstarr wrote:It'll bring up the ad-fly link and start a countdown for the ad but it'll restart the countdown once the original count down finishes..

I'd assume that this issue was caused by the site being unable to execute its scripts (as I doubt it's a bug with adfly, simple F5 would've likely solved the issue were it the case) -- I experience that fairly often with NoScript
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Thunderr

Postby Thunderr » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:54 pm

Do I have perms to make a custom version? I won't repost it, and I'll give it to you to distribute in this thread. I think that, it being a medical cruiser, it should have a teleporter and the strategy should be boarding based, but that's just my personal opinion.
jonny_AB

Postby jonny_AB » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:44 pm

I've thought a lot about that actually and while I'm not sure I'd be able to balance it correctly, you are free to create an alternate version! I'll even put a link to it in the OP (without using adfly, of course).
My Mods:
Need to contact me? Shoot me a tweet @Jonny_AB
Thunderr

Postby Thunderr » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:26 pm

Use adfly if you wish, it was your work originally. I think I got the balance right, it starts with two basic lasers as weapons and very low reactor power. Its crew include two mantis and a human. I changed the room layout and stuff, to accommodate for the teleporter, and I also removed the drones from the starting layout. Thanks for letting me work with the ship!
Download hosted by dropbox. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j6hf1ku5r2sp2a0/Yt1E9IPYSC
jonny_AB

Postby jonny_AB » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:13 am

Added it to the OP!
My Mods:
Thunderr

Postby Thunderr » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:40 pm

jonny_AB wrote:
Replaces Federation Cruiser (Osprey)

I believe it replaces the Nisos. Also, feel free to use an adfly link. Again, it was originally your work. Could you put in the OP to download the file named Jenner?
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:22 pm

Not sure if you are aware of this... If you replace the fed cruiser with any costum ship, this ship will never encounter a cloak to buy at a store. That is hardcoded because fed cruiser has his art beam. So if you want the player to be able to buy a cloak later on you should replace a different ship.
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
jonny_AB

Postby jonny_AB » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:20 pm

I didn't know that, so thank you for pointing it out! I'll have to replace another ship then. Hm.
My Mods:
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:41 pm

Metzelmax wrote:Not sure if you are aware of this... If you replace the fed cruiser with any costum ship, this ship will never encounter a cloak to buy at a store. That is hardcoded because fed cruiser has his art beam. So if you want the player to be able to buy a cloak later on you should replace a different ship.

I dont understand this. Cloak does nothing to do with the federation artillery beam, it doesnt matter if u are using a custom ship or not. If u use a custom ship replacing the federation slot (i did twice in my mods) u will encounter the cloak in shops as the regular game. If not, something wrong is going on. My 2 mods replaces all slots in the game and i never had trouble to find cloak with any custom ship, not even in the federation slot.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage