Calling all modders

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Alvarin

Re: Calling all modders

Postby Alvarin » Tue May 21, 2013 7:36 am

Last month I've spent all my dedicated project time by trying to animate fire-fighting sequence by throwing buckets of water. Just can't do it, too few pixels for my skill level :( I will just have to do a water hose...
shark

Postby shark » Wed May 22, 2013 6:29 pm

Alvarin wrote:Last month I've spent all my dedicated project time by trying to animate fire-fighting sequence by throwing buckets of water. Just can't do it, too few pixels for my skill level :( I will just have to do a water hose...

Ah, decided to start with cosmetic insignificants I see. Why not implement the core functionality of your mod first, including making canon fire-inducing weapons instead of worrying about putting out fires which no weapons yet cause?

This is a minor graphical thing, what about the pirate gameplay in the opening post? :)
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All of our mods
are belong to you.
DryEagle

Postby DryEagle » Sun May 26, 2013 6:00 pm

Hi guys!
Small update from me:
I'm extremely busy IRL currently so don't really have time to dedicate to this,
however!
I will be back and with considerably more free time after 15th June
I really appreciate the contributions everyone's making, and we will definitely get this done eventually!
All ships I have created include custom weapons, graphics etc:
ImageImageImageImage
ThePieman

Postby ThePieman » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:40 am

So, are people still working on this? I haven't checked up in a while, and it seemed kinda 'dead'.
Alvarin

Postby Alvarin » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:56 pm

Yes, work is being done.
Ivyravens

Postby Ivyravens » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:57 pm

Wow that was really interesting to see sir,, when can we see a pic of that weapons work sir,
xlandar

Postby xlandar » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:43 am

please don't necro threads, it is very annoying.
art and coding tutorials wanted, pm if you have some good ones please!Image
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:57 am

Ironic thing is this mod project is still active.... and this is no more then a necro then replying to a "Incursion" thread or what have you....
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:17 pm

Lighter than Air, the steampunk mod for FTL has made some significant progress. Many ships have been done by a Sir, and Gencool has created the sprites for the crew which are from a side view rather than a to down view. it's really well thought out too. If done right, that mod could become very popular.

After that is done, I the next step could be a naval based mod overhaul like this. There are a lot of pirate games, but the style of FTL could make for something really unique. The hardest part is trying to come up with how the different systems and UI and stuff would work. I can see breaches and oxygen becoming something dealing with taking on water, the O2 warnings could be replaced by water. Teleporter could just be a raft and the, luckily the enemy ship actually displays the teleporter pad images. But how would power even work at all? It could just be imaginary crew perhaps. :idea: Sensors could be a lookout tower! which works with the whole "manning" thing now. How do the different races fit in? These are all questions to be considered when making a complete overhaul...
stickthemantis

Postby stickthemantis » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:27 am

I can imagine making some programming.
Is there a download link?
I'm Cyberboy2000, known as a modder and community leader of Invisible Inc.
I'm using this old account because I've been unable to get any verification email for a new account. Help with changing my name would be appreciated.