[SHIP]Hayabusa Class Battlecruiser (NEW TYPE 2!!!)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
brothershogo

[SHIP]Hayabusa Class Battlecruiser (NEW TYPE 2!!!)

Postby brothershogo » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:42 am

Hayabusa Class Battlecruiser
A Drone Battlecruiser, using Engi, Mantis, and Federation technology, the Hayabusa is the pinnacle of drone warfare technology, designed to swarm entire ships with its advanced assault drones.

TYPE-1

TYPE-2

DRONES

About the ship:
This is a complete ship mod.
- Custom hull graphic
- Custom weapon
- Custom shield graphic
- Completed floor graphics
- Gibs coming soon

Notes:
- Advanced drone system can be upgraded to level 12
- Ship equipped with Drone Recovery Arm, Drone Reactor Booster, and FTL Jammer
- Ship balanced to play with my Insane Difficulty Mod

In terms of difficulty, this ship is OP because of its advanced drone system and assault drones. Haven't fully play tested it yet, so still working out the balancing.

About the mod:
- replaces the Mantis Cruiser
- to make it replace a different ship, simply change blueprint name in the blueprints append file

Ship is completely original made from scratch. Don't use without my permission.

Drones use art assets from the original FTL game. Some of them have been heavily modified to suit the style of the ship.

Enjoy!
:)

Credits:
creators of FTL
kartoFlane's Superluminal Ship Editor
966socho for re-balancing the mod for the vanilla game

UPDATES:
5/14/13 - Added Type 2. The ship has an emphasis on fire based weapons. Added new drones.
5/17/13 - Added link to a new version of the file. It re-balances the ship so you can play it with the vanilla game. Thanks to 966socho.

Download Link: Hayabusa Battlecruiser
Download Link: Hayabusa Battlecruiser (rebalanced)
Last edited by brothershogo on Fri May 24, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 9 times in total.
ImageImageImage
ThePieman

Re: [SHIP]Hayabusa Class Battlecruiser

Postby ThePieman » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:48 am

Another great mod! These ships are looking amazing! :P
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:14 am

Yeah, I'm gonna let's play this, this will be fun
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:19 am

Nice looking ship, but there is a reason people doesnt use more than 3 drone slots in most of the cases. The UI interface looks ugly. Everyone can put any drone slot number they want, but its not a practical idea. If this was not a problem, im sure the forum would be filled with carriers and motherships and so on..

I assume u cant get teleport, right?? because if u buy teleport, the ui interface will look even worst..

And u dont have air vents.. i assume this is intended, to make the ship harder to use? cuz fire could be a real problem here.. u dont have rock crew either..

Anyways, the ship looks really great. But u could make a different room layout, not the same as the rock ships.. :)
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:29 am

I'll agree with speedoflight about the UI not accommodating drone-swarms very well. But that aside... this is a ridiculously sexy ship, as are your others. You've done a fantastic job of making them (and this one in particular) look gorgeous while still fitting in with FTL's general aesthetic - not an easy feat by any means. The shield graphics are brilliant as well.
brothershogo

Postby brothershogo » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:21 am

Kieve wrote:I'll agree with speedoflight about the UI not accommodating drone-swarms very well. But that aside... this is a ridiculously sexy ship, as are your others. You've done a fantastic job of making them (and this one in particular) look gorgeous while still fitting in with FTL's general aesthetic - not an easy feat by any means. The shield graphics are brilliant as well.

Thank you for your kind words. Being praised by another modder is always nice.
I actually just hacked together some Homeworld concept art to create the intial concept sketch of this ship. (love that game)
BTW your Incursor cruiser is awesome! :D

EDIT: Oh yea, the UI is pretty ugly with 6 drone slots but that's just the limitations of modding games. And I couldn't come up with another solution. :(
ImageImageImage
ImplacableTardigrade

Postby ImplacableTardigrade » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:17 am

Very cool.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:35 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7mb1HM_ ... e=youtu.be Here ya go, your own Bren Tenkage Let's Play, please enjoy and let me know what you think ^_^
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
brothershogo

Postby brothershogo » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:11 am

BrenTenkage wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7mb1HM_3tI&feature=youtu.be Here ya go, your own Bren Tenkage Let's Play, please enjoy and let me know what you think ^_^

Very entertaining. But if you want more of a challenge, use my Insane Difficulty Mod. It was designed for OP/God ships. ;)
ImageImageImage
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:55 pm

brothershogo wrote:
Kieve wrote:I'll agree with speedoflight about the UI not accommodating drone-swarms very well. But that aside... this is a ridiculously sexy ship, as are your others. You've done a fantastic job of making them (and this one in particular) look gorgeous while still fitting in with FTL's general aesthetic - not an easy feat by any means. The shield graphics are brilliant as well.

Thank you for your kind words. Being praised by another modder is always nice.
I actually just hacked together some Homeworld concept art to create the intial concept sketch of this ship. (love that game)
BTW your Incursor cruiser is awesome! :D

EDIT: Oh yea, the UI is pretty ugly with 6 drone slots but that's just the limitations of modding games. And I couldn't come up with another solution. :(

Same problem as all the modders have. If u cant put more than 3 drone slots, just dont put em and make other layout. I prefer a well balanced-ship with only 3 drone slots than a carrier with 6 drones that makes me to avoid looking the ui interface all the time xD because it looks horrible. Besides, the game mechanics are made for not using more than 3 or 4 (max) drones, more than that, the ship automatically becomes OP. There is no challenge on doing a ship with 6 drone slots, specially if u dont care about the ui looking so bad. U could just make a ship without weapons, and using only drones.. that will be really challenging, but not the layout u have right now.

The ship is great, but still it is really op. I noticed in the past few weeks that the community prefer op mods and not-challenging ships instead a good balanced mod with the most comprensive ui good looking possible. Well, its a question of taste, but i really didnt enjoy your ship.. i prefer more challenging mods than just a carrier with thousands of drones lol (that is the only thing "different" from this mod to any other, and only cuz u really dont care how bad the ui looks).

For example, i dont care if your shield graphic is great, because then, u got that horrible UI interface that dont say too much about the other work on the ship.. i give more importance to the ui aspect than how good a shield looks. Dunno if u know wat i mean..
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage