My Challenge to You...

General discussion about the game.
LemonLime

My Challenge to You...

Postby LemonLime » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:25 pm

Here's my challenge i've got for you peeps...

Get to sector 7, and when you're just about to get to the exit beacon, start jumping back and forth between 2 beacons, until the Rebel Fleet catches up. Keep jumping back and forth and each battle is a "wave". Post how many waves you survived, and how you died! (I'm so cruel)
Dontmindme

Re: My Challenge to You...

Postby Dontmindme » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:40 pm

Unfortunately, your challenge doesn't work. Once the rebels catch you and you defeat a rebel beacon, that beacon becomes empty (no battle). The only thing that will happen is you will eventually run out of fuel.
LemonLime

Postby LemonLime » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:53 pm

Dontmindme wrote:Unfortunately, your challenge doesn't work. Once the rebels catch you and you defeat a rebel beacon, that beacon becomes empty (no battle). The only thing that will happen is you will eventually run out of fuel.

Oh, I didn't realize. I guess just jump around and try to clear out the sector.
IConquer

Postby IConquer » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:00 am

Dontmindme wrote:Unfortunately, your challenge doesn't work. Once the rebels catch you and you defeat a rebel beacon, that beacon becomes empty (no battle). The only thing that will happen is you will eventually run out of fuel.

what happens after you run out of fuel?
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:18 pm

I would assume you get regular options for getting fuel.

I wonder, if you were willing to go through it and your ship gets powerful enough at the beginning, you could literally go forever like this, and end up with a disturbingly high score.

Though the way the RNG goes, you'll eventually die and then the top score on your high score list would be 200,000+ points in Sector 1 :D
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:58 pm

I tried it and that's exactly what happens. You get the rebel encounter where you fight a ship, it has 2-4 fuel (or so).

You could repeat that indefinitely if your ship was strong enough.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

LemonLime

Postby LemonLime » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:15 pm

IConquer wrote:

You get 1 fuel for each ship
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:08 pm

LemonLime wrote:
IConquer wrote:

You get 1 fuel for each ship

Yes, but you don't get one ship per jump. Once you've cleared the rebels out of a star, they won't come back.

I tested this and the when you run out of fuel, you get the normal event like I expected. When you kill them, you get a couple fuel and then you can continue. It's a bit of a pain and not super fun, not as fun as just hitting rebels over and over with each jump would be.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB