[SHIP] Merlin Fighter 1.1 (Updated DL links 27/05/13)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
ExodusInAmerica

Re: [SHIP] Merlin Fighter 1.1 (Updated 05/04/13)

Postby ExodusInAmerica » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:12 am

Ion bombs+ Lazers= BARRAGE OF BULLETS!

No seriously this thing is a machine gun :P Only problem is later sectors where you see 3-5 shields, but thats where Ion comes in. :3
BadgersCanSpace

Postby BadgersCanSpace » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:11 pm

ExodusInAmerica wrote:Ion bombs+ Lazers= BARRAGE OF BULLETS!

No seriously this thing is a machine gun :P Only problem is later sectors where you see 3-5 shields, but thats where Ion comes in. :3

Frankly I'd rather have a challenge in the later sectors xD

In a game as random and subjective as FTL balance really is freaking difficult :D
Gausss (Gau-sis)

Postby Gausss (Gau-sis) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:43 pm

I loved this mod but there is one thing i would like you to do tp this mod. changes :and 4 of those op lasers and add cloaking off the start PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE THIS CHANGE!!!!!!!!
Ginger Dragon

Postby Ginger Dragon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:36 am

Hey, I just finished my playthrough with your ship! Used the varient with cloaking instead of shields. Managed to get 2 runs inside of a small 35 minute video. :lol:

First run: made it to sector 2, got an Ion Bomb and a Halberd Beam, but then I got to the "friendly programmer gives you a drone" event. He gave me a boarding drone and the game crashed. I honestly have no idea what could have caused this, but it happened.

Second Run: Made it to sector 2 again. There are many things the Merlin can take on... but 3 asteroid belts, one after another, is not one of them. :lol:

I'll post the link in when its up in about in about 30 minutes to an hour from now.
Check out my youtube channel. I do FTL mod playthroughs, as well as all kinds of other assorted games.
http://www.youtube.com/user/GingerDragon87?feature=mhee
BadgersCanSpace

Postby BadgersCanSpace » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:34 pm

Gausss (Gau-sis) wrote:I loved this mod but there is one thing i would like you to do tp this mod. changes :and 4 of those op lasers and add cloaking off the start PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE THIS CHANGE!!!!!!!!

Done and done, my good sir :D

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0faakrvxr1f4x61
BadgersCanSpace

Postby BadgersCanSpace » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:38 pm

Ginger Dragon wrote:Hey, I just finished my playthrough with your ship! Used the varient with cloaking instead of shields. Managed to get 2 runs inside of a small 35 minute video. :lol:

First run: made it to sector 2, got an Ion Bomb and a Halberd Beam, but then I got to the "friendly programmer gives you a drone" event. He gave me a boarding drone and the game crashed. I honestly have no idea what could have caused this, but it happened.

Second Run: Made it to sector 2 again. There are many things the Merlin can take on... but 3 asteroid belts, one after another, is not one of them. :lol:

I'll post the link in when its up in about in about 30 minutes to an hour from now.

That crash is confusing me. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the lack of Drone System, but I don't see why that would make the addition of a drone problematic... I'm sorry about that, I'll keep looking.

Ye gods, 3 in a row? That's bloody unfortunate, for a ship with no shields xD Thanks for doing the vid, it's good to see people using things that you've made :)
Ginger Dragon

Postby Ginger Dragon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:49 pm

BadgersCanSpace wrote:That crash is confusing me. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the lack of Drone System, but I don't see why that would make the addition of a drone problematic... I'm sorry about that, I'll keep looking.

I did get a system repair drone, and anti-ship drone in the second run, but the game didn't crash on those. So I don't think it would have anything to do with the lacking of a drone control. I can honestly say, I have NO idea as to what would've caused it.

BadgersCanSpace wrote:Ye gods, 3 in a row? That's bloody unfortunate, for a ship with no shields xD Thanks for doing the vid, it's good to see people using things that you've made :)

I ALMOST escaped the third one... just one a second longer!
No problem doing the vid, it was alot of fun! I'm probably going to do another one later. See if the RNG will actually let me get past sector 2. :P
Check out my youtube channel. I do FTL mod playthroughs, as well as all kinds of other assorted games.
http://www.youtube.com/user/GingerDragon87?feature=mhee
TheNewbie

Re: [SHIP] Merlin Fighter 1.1 (Updated 09/04/13)

Postby TheNewbie » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:46 pm

I recommend playing this with infinite space. So the fun never end. :lol: (and then my game crashed :x) P.S. :Try to obtain 2 heavy laser mark 2s. It looks like a fighter with torpedoes.
Prov

Postby Prov » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:55 am

BadgersCanSpace wrote:- Deke 'Sly' Cooper

I see what you did there. :D

Watched a few minutes of BrenTenkage's LP, and the ship looks super fun to play with. I'll try it out when I can.

EDIT: I tried the ship out the other day.

It was a very fun and interesting ship to play with, and I applaud your work on it. But the basic non-balanced version was definitely super overpowered for me, especially because on my fifth or sixth beacon in the first sector I picked up a Burst Laser Mark II from a random weapon-giving event.

Even the flagship couldn't stand up against that, combined with the two Talon Lasers. That was the easiest session of FTL I've ever played, but enjoyable. :D
m3lvyn

Postby m3lvyn » Mon May 27, 2013 1:41 am

i got an Archive download blocked from the original download but not the second or last one