Buying/preordering the game?

General discussion about the game.
Master1742

Re: Buying/preordering the game?

Postby Master1742 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:02 am

Gorlom wrote:
Master1742 wrote:What about opening preorders on steam? (not playable preoders XD) will that be maybe 1 week before launch? thats usualy how most of the things go on steam... would be really neato :D and I dont need beta to be happy XD. :D

Apparently steam in that case wants to put a 10% discount (or how ever big it is) on the game for the duration of the preorder, which would mean people preordering through steam would get it cheaper then the people that paid during kickstarter. :(
Which Matthew and Justin doesn't think is fair.

Well... pro's and con's... 10% is what, 1 doller off? they said it would be released for 10$, but not sure if thats the price they will settle on. But if you weight the pro's people who did kickstarter did that to HELP the company get started... ect, not wanting discounts or anything from it. But people who preorder it through steam if they get a 10% discount that 9.00$ I would rather pay the 10$ bucks for it anyways to make sure they get every penny because they deserve it!!! Hmm steam usualy doesnt do that, but I guess for the publisher backed companys they can do full price crap for them in preorders... I well never pay 60$ for another game as long as I live enless its something as good as FTL, given the game got more expansive over time also! :D, but for a 2 man dev crew, steam should not be so weird over prices...
evil713

Postby evil713 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:13 pm

id pay 20$ for it.

side question: will ther be DLC? besides the music which i will also get.
icepick

Postby icepick » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:32 pm

They are planning on some free updates. Not sure if any paid dlc is in the works, though.
cookie42

Postby cookie42 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:49 am

I would absolutely be willing to pay for dlc. Just putting that out there. :D
CaptainQuirk

Postby CaptainQuirk » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:01 am

cookie42 wrote:I would absolutely be willing to pay for dlc. Just putting that out there. :D
Humour, reviews and rants courtesy of The Robot Overlords all at Robots Building Robots!
theDewmahn

Postby theDewmahn » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:14 am

cookie42 wrote:I would absolutely be willing to pay for dlc. Just putting that out there. :D

I said this as well to Justin. He said they should be doing a lot of free updates. The only way there will be paid DLC is if they add on a big expansions that takes up a couple months of their time.
CaptainQuirk

Postby CaptainQuirk » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:16 am

theDewmahn wrote:

I said this as well to Justin. He said they should be doing a lot of free updates. The only way there will be paid DLC is if they add on a big expansions that takes up a couple months of their time.

Just to re-iterate. I will absolutely be happy to pay for DLC if it is a big expansion that takes up a couple of months of their time.

In fact, I am throwing money at my screen now... but nothing is happening as usual. I suspect I've been tricked by this meme as it never seems to work.
Humour, reviews and rants courtesy of The Robot Overlords all at Robots Building Robots!
Master1742

Postby Master1742 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:47 pm

CaptainQuirk wrote:
theDewmahn wrote:

Just to re-iterate. I will absolutely be happy to pay for DLC if it is a big expansion that takes up a couple of months of their time.

In fact, I am throwing money at my screen now... but nothing is happening as usual. I suspect I've been tricked by this meme as it never seems to work.

I would hope so ^_^ they got what was it.. 2000% on kickstarted? I can probably most likely say *there will be upcoming* dlc sooner or later.. or at least a steams work shop type deal, but I could be wrong!!!