Artillery Mastery Achievement question

General discussion about the game.
TenLetters

Artillery Mastery Achievement question

Postby TenLetters » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:48 am

Hey, don't know if this is an actual bug or maybe I just messed up somehow.

For The Osprey Artillery Mastery achievement, it says you need to get to Sector 5 without upgrading your Weapons systems.

I definitely did not upgrade my Weapon Control or Artillery Beam, or even buy any ship Augments/Crew Teleport or anything that could be a weapon. Has anyone else gotten this and know the requirements? Was I disqualified because as a reward from missions/destroying ships I got new Weapons/Drones (That I never powered up, but I still "Had" them nonetheless)? Just trying to figure it out.
TenLetters

Re: Artillery Mastery Achievement question

Postby TenLetters » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:10 am

A similar thing happened with the achievement "Tough Little Ship" for the Kestrel. I was at 1 HP, moved to a store to repair. The store healed me 4 or 5 immediately, and then I repaired to full. Do I need to heal from 1 HP to max HP with 1 click, or what?

Edit: Just did it again, and yes, I got it by doing "Repair All" from 1 HP to max. Has to be that and nothing else, as far as I can tell.
TenLetters

Postby TenLetters » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:52 am

I attempted to get this achievement again (Artillery Mastery) and ended up getting "I don't need no stinkin' upgrades!" instead but not Artillery Mastery. However, from a random event a guy gave me a missile, which I promptly sold. This seems ridiculously low chance to get a run where no one gives you anything.
Spleenling

Postby Spleenling » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:15 am

I didnt upgrade the Weapons system (not the Artillery system because of the name of the Achievement) till last stand and did not get it i think it may be bugged
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:18 am

Hey guys, sorry it is indeed bugged. Last minute change in the build broke it. It'll be fixed in the next update. Thanks for letting me know.

The "Tought Little Ship" achievement was also bugged at one point TenLetters, it will work now if you do 1 HP + 4, and then "Repair All."
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
TenLetters

Postby TenLetters » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:01 am

Cool, thanks. I remember hearing about some other part of the site bug reports were supposed to go to, so I'm glad I don't have to look for it, haha. Guess I'll wait to satiate my achievement whoring on Artillery Mastery till next update.
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:25 am

Yes, for future reference to everyone, you're bound to get a much faster response to bugs at this site:

https://getsatisfaction.com/ftlgame

Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here