[MOD]Insane Difficulty

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
brothershogo

[MOD]Insane Difficulty

Postby brothershogo » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:49 am

This mod rebalances all enemy NPC ships. Its a mod meant to be played with OP/God/Advanced/Powerful ships. Do you love OP ships but find it boring to play with them against vanilla enemies? Then try this mod and put your skillz to the test. :D

+10 hp to all ships
All ships have at least level two shields
All ships have max reactor power
All ship systems leveled up to maximum
All ships have max drone/weapon slots
All ships have maximum number of crew
You will encounter bomber/assault class vessels early in the game
New cruiser class enemies including my Tsunami Class Battlecruiser and Tengu Stealth Cruiser
Harder boss (increased hp and buffed weapons.)
Two new OP weapons you will have to face. The Gatling Laser, which fires 8 shots, and the Advanced Burst Ion Cannon which fires 3 shots every 6 seconds.

Think your a bad ass with your God vessel? Then lets see how you fare on Insane Difficulty. :twisted:

CREDITS:
The creators of FTL
DrkTemplar for his Enemy Cruiser resource
kartoFlane's Superluminal Ship Editor

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0c170dlmxlba8 ... iculty.ftl

VIDEO REVIEW BY GINGERDRAGON87: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5VgCYm-mbA

Like I said this mod is meant for OP ships. I actually think its impossible to play with vanilla but you're welcome to prove me wrong. Here are some links to my custom ships that are balanced for this mod:
Tengu Stealth Cruiser
Tsunami Battlecruiser
Hayabusa Battlecruiser
Last edited by brothershogo on Fri May 24, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 7 times in total.
ImageImageImage
speedoflight

Re: [MOD]Insane Difficulty

Postby speedoflight » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:12 pm

This seems very intresting, one question , did u replace the default system blueprints of the game or u just added more power to the enemy ships?? if it is the first option, im afraid i will not be able to test it (i already did that on my mod), but it looks a great mod for using with any ship mod out there that comes with new weapons lol.. an ion with 3 shots??? dont u think that is a waste?? as far as i know, ion damage only deals the first shot ion damage, i mean even if u hit 3 times, u will do only the ion damage the first shot did.. (if u make 2 ion damage to shields, it doesnt matter if u hit again 2 more times, the ion damage will be 2 instead of 6... am i wrong????) but a burst of 8 shots... the problem is that even if u can play with an op ship, the shields u will have are the same.. so a burst of 8 shots will be just lethal.. no matter wat.. but i guess thats the point of the mod?

The gatling laser weapon graphic is great, but i dont think that fits a laser type weapon. Since energy based ammunition doesnt produce that effect.. dunno if u know wat i mean.

Good job.

PD: Its curious xD, the other day i was looking at my sprite collection of ships, and i found these very same ships there among with a lot more.. but i cant even remember where did i get em (this was 2 years ago).
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
brothershogo

Postby brothershogo » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:37 pm

Hmmm I always thought that the ion damage stacked. I'll double check. If it doesn't stack then I'll make a single shot ion with 3 damage that fires every 6 seconds.

I might make it a gatling plasma cannon then. I'm not too concerned about realism though.

What ships? My Tengu and Tsunami? I was never even modding for FTL two years ago...
ImageImageImage
Bedo000

Postby Bedo000 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:08 pm

Ion damage does stack so 1 ion damage takes out 1 power bar from the targeted system (or shields if that is what it hit) for 1 spiny thing. Then the second ion shot will up that to 2 power bars out and adds 1 spiny thing, and so on. BTW just trying out you mod now looks very good :D
Kesteral A, Kesteral B, Stealth A, Stealth B, Mantis A, Mantis B, Engi A, Engi B, Fed A, Fed B, Slug A, Slug B, Rock A, Rock B, Zoltan A, Zoltan B, Crystal A, Crystal B.
Red = Not Unlocked. Green = Won on easy. Dark Green = Won on Normal.
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:22 pm

Bedo000 wrote:Ion damage does stack so 1 ion damage takes out 1 power bar from the targeted system (or shields if that is what it hit) for 1 spiny thing. Then the second ion shot will up that to 2 power bars out and adds 1 spiny thing, and so on. BTW just trying out you mod now looks very good :D

Thats good to know, but i dont think it will be better just 1 shot with 3 ion damage instead of 3 shots with 1 ion damage.. :?
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
brothershogo

Postby brothershogo » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:58 am

Just did a full playthrough and everything seems to be working fine... However, I might change some stuff. The boss is impossible to beat (got blown away with full health/shields in one volley) so I'm definitely going to rebalance that part. (Having 7+ missiles, lasers, ion, and shield penetrating beam weapon with 6 second recharge rate is a little much.... :D ) But if anyone beats the boss let me know!
ImageImageImage
Ginger Dragon

Postby Ginger Dragon » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:32 pm

Hey, I just did a full playthrough with this and the Tsunami Cruiser... my god, It's been a while since I've had that much fun, and the synergy between the two mods is awesome! Playing with these two mods is VERY enjoyable all the way through the game.
and then you get the the Rebel Flagship...

That boss is just ridiculous... I had an awesome run, and to be taken out in two volleys... I don't get angry in my videos often, but that was one of those times. hopefully you can fix it soon. That's the only complaint I have for this mod.

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/edit?ns=1&video_id=Y5VgCYm-mbA
Check out my youtube channel. I do FTL mod playthroughs, as well as all kinds of other assorted games.
http://www.youtube.com/user/GingerDragon87?feature=mhee
brothershogo

Postby brothershogo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:56 am

The video was awesome man! Enjoyed it very much! Sorry about the invincible rebel flagship.... I'm still balancing out that part.... :lol:
ImageImageImage
Bedo000

Postby Bedo000 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:09 pm

brothershogo wrote:Just did a full playthrough and everything seems to be working fine... However, I might change some stuff. The boss is impossible to beat (got blown away with full health/shields in one volley) so I'm definitely going to rebalance that part. (Having 7+ missiles, lasers, ion, and shield penetrating beam weapon with 6 second recharge rate is a little much.... :D ) But if anyone beats the boss let me know!

The boss is very unbalanced, even using some cheats (inf hull and crew health) (btw, i don't normal cheat, i was just testing to see whether this was possible with them) it was still impossible to beat. All systems destroyed and ioned, was waiting for ages to get lucky and have 1 human repair 1 level in my teleporter (the only chance of winning was boarding) :D Reduce the recharge time and amount fired. But the hull level seems fine! Looking forward to the fix!
Kesteral A, Kesteral B, Stealth A, Stealth B, Mantis A, Mantis B, Engi A, Engi B, Fed A, Fed B, Slug A, Slug B, Rock A, Rock B, Zoltan A, Zoltan B, Crystal A, Crystal B.
Red = Not Unlocked. Green = Won on easy. Dark Green = Won on Normal.
brothershogo

Postby brothershogo » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:35 pm

Hayabusa Drone Frigate.... coming next

ImageImageImage