Update 0.12.8.13 - Songs, Tuning, and Bugs

General discussion about the game.
Matthew
Site Admin

Update 0.12.8.13 - Songs, Tuning, and Bugs

Postby Matthew » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:52 am

In terms of download size, this is a pretty big update because Ben "remastered" the music to be the final version for everything. The soundtrack is officially done, and in this reviewers opinion it is absolutely brilliant. The final stage music is especially epic.

The majority of the update is mostly tuning/bug fixes. Other than the secret alien race/sector, which is almost done, we will be making very limited changes in the next few weeks as we lead up to the release in September.

Have fun everyone!

Changelog v 0.12.8.13

Features:

-Three more songs added to the soundtrack
-Soundtrack will only play tracks in the sector types they were intended to be in
-3rd Achievement for the Federation Cruiser
-New playable ship (Rock Cruiser) with unlock event, achievements and alternate layout.
-New sounds for mantis shooting, ion weapons, alien deaths, achievements, crew level up, low crew health and more.

Tuning:

-Defense Drone Mark II shots travel twice as fast (making it easier to intercept lasers), and will attempt to prioritize missiles/asteroids over lasers
-Exploit fixed: Ship Repair drones are destroyed on powerdown to prevent Drone Recover Arm exploit
-Boarding Drones can no longer penetrate the Zoltan Super Shield
-Even with a broken teleporter, surrendering ships will remove their boarding parties
-Teleporter won't ionize/cooldown if your teleport command doesn't actually accomplish anything
-Boss screen shows a "boss jump" countdown to make it clear how soon you must engage him. You can engage him within the base if he's in the final stage.
-Noether and Torus starting layouts changed
-All ships you come across while out of fuel will drop fuel if destroyed
-Beacon flags (Store/Quest/Distress) are removed if that beacon will become a fleet location after the jump.
-Zoltan pirate ships in sector one on Easy will no longer have an active Energy Shield

Bugs:

-Possible fix to Phase 2 Boss freeze
-Achievements "Full Arsenal" and "Givin' Her All She's Got" fixed to not award at boss arrival
-Shots should always hit the correct room
-Ships that jump away will stay gone after Save & Quit now
-Running out of fuel in a nebula won't make the nebula disappear anymore
-Ships can no longer surrender mid-jump animation
-Fixed incorrect retroactive achievement rewards for sector progress
-Fleet events in nebulas at the exit beacon will properly disrupt sensors
-Fixed: Sound related MacOS crash
-Fixed: Text input crash
-Fixed: Zoltan bug when weapons were ioned allowed you to power weapons from the reactor by reordering
-Piloted evasions crew hall of fame was capping out at 30, now fixed
-Various grammar/language fixes
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
icepick

Re: Update 0.12.8.13 - Songs, Tuning, and Bugs

Postby icepick » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:18 am

Bah. I hope the coming weeks until release are really short, haha. :) Want to play so bad.
Darthcaboose

Postby Darthcaboose » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:08 pm

Awesome patch time! Can't wait to stream this latest update for y'all this Friday and/or Saturday!
Bushman

Postby Bushman » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:11 pm

Is this patch out yet? Steam doesn't seem to be updating me.
theDewmahn

Postby theDewmahn » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:14 am

Hasn't updated for me yet either
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:44 am

Sorry guys, stupid mistake on my end. I only set it to update locally last night. It's been fixed now and everyone should receive the update.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
remowilliams

Postby remowilliams » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:45 am

That was a large one, just showed up :)
Darthcaboose

Postby Darthcaboose » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:30 am

Wheee, demo music track is back (first song that plays when you start FTL, I believe)! Hurrah!
SrsBzns

Postby SrsBzns » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:44 am

just had a quick go and couldn't get the new achievement for the federation cruiser, didn't upgrade my weapons or the arty all the way to sector 8.
Spleenling

Postby Spleenling » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:17 am

I also did not get the new achevement (did upgrade the Artillery becuase the name Implyed i could) got to last stand did not get it

Edit: New music is awesome