Anyone unlocked all the ships *Contains Spoilers*

General discussion about the game.
cookie42

Re: Anyone unlocked all the ships *Contains Spoilers*

Postby cookie42 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:18 am

Wow, after 1 play-though, the Zoltan ship is my new favorite. It doesn't start off with many upgrades, but the Zoltan crew easily make up for it. Can't wait for the Rock and "unknown" ship to be unlock-able. The alternate designs look pretty cool too, I just wish I had more time to play FTL to unlock them...
Bushman

Postby Bushman » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:59 pm

Two trips through Zoltan homeworlds and no ship. :(

In fact, I've beaten the game dozens of times and I still don't have the mantis or slug ship either. The slug ship 'quest' is annoying. I go to the quest marker, and it gets away every time.
timaeus

Postby timaeus » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:16 pm

Spleenling wrote:Anyone willing to post how to get the Zoltan Ship?

It's actually pretty intuitive, you don't need any special crew or ship setup. Just take a look at the hint on the ship list screen, and you'll know when you've triggered the mission. Just keep diplomacy in mind, and you'll knock it out. It starts in the Zoltan Homeworld sector, obviously.

EDIT: In case you're using a long-range scanner or obtained sector maps, the quest start is at a location without a detected ship.
praguepride

Postby praguepride » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:52 pm

Dude, don't be a jerk about it. Either tell how it's unlocked like other people have before or stop bragging about it. This thread isn't for people who just want hints or tips, it's for people who have played through the game dozens of times with no dice and want to stop wasting their time.
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:00 pm

praguepride wrote:Dude, don't be a jerk about it. Either tell how it's unlocked like other people have before or stop bragging about it. This thread isn't for people who just want hints or tips, it's for people who have played through the game dozens of times with no dice and want to stop wasting their time.

I highly doubt that is the case concerning the Zoltan ship. Unless you type out how many times you have been through the zoltan sector, people that has gotten the ship are going to assume that you haven't been through it at all... or been through it once without encountering the event/quest.

Timeus practically told you how to get it anyway. A step by step description isn't that much more helpful.
Bushman

Postby Bushman » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:27 am

Gees guys, just tell em already.

Get to a Zoltan Homeworld.
The quest is on a non ship node if you have sensors.
Something about a Zoltan ship spreading its religion etc. Listen to what they have to say, they give you a quest marker.

There will be a rebel ship there, choose to attempt to hail them.

Then you go through a series of steps trying to convince the rebel ship to not fight. I chose option 1 then 2. At this point the Zoltans show up and tell you good job for trying to play nice.

The end.
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:32 pm

Bushman wrote:Gees guys, just tell em already.

Get to a Zoltan Homeworld.
The quest is on a non ship node if you have sensors.
Something about a Zoltan ship spreading its religion etc. Listen to what they have to say, they give you a quest marker.

There will be a rebel ship there, choose to attempt to hail them.

Then you go through a series of steps trying to convince the rebel ship to not fight. I chose option 1 then 2. At this point the Zoltans show up and tell you good job for trying to play nice.

The end.

BOOOOO! don't listen to this man! go explore it for yourself! :p
JanoS

Postby JanoS » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:40 pm

I will add this:
In every Zoltan Homeworld system there is exactly one "planet" which has this quest. It has no nebula, no ship.
There is no special requierement, so you don't need to upgrade any system or have special crew. You just answer smartly, go to a quest marker, answer smartly again. Bingo.
If you desperately want it, go to homeworld, and jump to all possible "planets". You will get it.
Galevav

Postby Galevav » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:32 am

I got the zoltan ship on my first try. I suppose the hardest past is finding the questgiver.

Prediction: the rock ship will be constantly on fire in every room, and systems will be immune to fire damage. Sure, it doesn't fit with the rock ships we've seen so far, but it amuses me.
Justin
Site Admin

Postby Justin » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:30 pm

Hey guys.

I just wanted to warn you that I changed some of the ship unlock quests to make them easier. Basically I made them require a ton of specific equipment in the past because unlocking ships was the only long term 'meta-game' goals that existed in the beta. Now that we have achievements and unlocking layouts that can fulfill this role, we made unlocking ships easier so even people who don't research online have a reasonable chance of unlocking them.

This is primarily affecting the Slug and Mantis ship unlocks.

Thanks!
If you're having hull problems, I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.