[SHIP] The Amber Shard

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
BrenTenkage

Re: [SHIP] The Amber Shard

Postby BrenTenkage » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:48 pm

forgive me for not using the missle, I should have really done that LOL
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
DryEagle

Postby DryEagle » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:06 pm

It would have 1-shot a lot of those drone ships you kept complaining about, once you take out the shield... sure it's expensive to fire, but you ended with 40 missiles by the boss fight, which is 8 shots of it... as always, I don't include things randomly in my mods without a great deal of thought given to why it's there.
Also, to address something you were saying earlier in the video, the defense drone you picked up will intercept boarding drones. So boss stage 2 shouldn't cause much problem in that sense at least.

And on the boss fight, you could have teleport some guys into the weapon rooms to deal with them first, then proceed to kill the rest of the crew etc later. Try harder, you can do it!

Oh and you can keep 2 non-crystal crew in the medbay - just send them out for a bit when you heal the crystals. They will lose HP but not SUPER fast, so you can do that with some micromanagement.
All ships I have created include custom weapons, graphics etc:
ImageImageImageImage
Ginger Dragon

Postby Ginger Dragon » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:30 pm

I just finished my run of it. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXHc81qiXXE
I only made it to sector four, unfortunately (which is why I was tempted to play again) but I still feel I covored most of what this mod has to offer.

Was alot of fun, gotta say! I tried to get additional non-Crystal crew, but they ended up dying by Mantis crew teleporting in just the right place. The recoloration looks really nice! I didn't really look into the animations at all, but I'll throw up an annotation pointing them out. I did look at the system prices near the end of the video when I noticed the teleporter only costed 50 scrap. :lol: Overall, the mod is really solid, and fun to use. I might do a second run with it. If I do, I'll edit this message with the second link.
Last edited by Ginger Dragon on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my youtube channel. I do FTL mod playthroughs, as well as all kinds of other assorted games.
http://www.youtube.com/user/GingerDragon87?feature=mhee
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:45 pm

DryEagle wrote:It would have 1-shot a lot of those drone ships you kept complaining about, once you take out the shield... sure it's expensive to fire, but you ended with 40 missiles by the boss fight, which is 8 shots of it... as always, I don't include things randomly in my mods without a great deal of thought given to why it's there.
Also, to address something you were saying earlier in the video, the defense drone you picked up will intercept boarding drones. So boss stage 2 shouldn't cause much problem in that sense at least.

And on the boss fight, you could have teleport some guys into the weapon rooms to deal with them first, then proceed to kill the rest of the crew etc later. Try harder, you can do it!

Oh and you can keep 2 non-crystal crew in the medbay - just send them out for a bit when you heal the crystals. They will lose HP but not SUPER fast, so you can do that with some micromanagement.

Guess your right, and hey I still had fun, and you did your job in making a fun ship, and for that, Bravo as always
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
DryEagle

Postby DryEagle » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:01 am

Dragon, the breach chance is actually 100% - however in a 2-square room, it's a 50:50 chance it will try that 100% against either of the squares - so if there is one breach, you basically have a 50% chance to cause the second one. If it's a 4-square room, with 1 breach, then it's 3/4 chance to add another one etc... you get what I'm saying. That's just the way the FTL game is made.
ImageImageImageImage
Ginger Dragon

Postby Ginger Dragon » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 am

DryEagle wrote:Dragon, the breach chance is actually 100% - however in a 2-square room, it's a 50:50 chance it will try that 100% against either of the squares - so if there is one breach, you basically have a 50% chance to cause the second one. If it's a 4-square room, with 1 breach, then it's 3/4 chance to add another one etc... you get what I'm saying. That's just the way the FTL game is made.

Alright, that makes sense, thanks!
Check out my youtube channel. I do FTL mod playthroughs, as well as all kinds of other assorted games.
http://www.youtube.com/user/GingerDragon87?feature=mhee
bronxboy530

Postby bronxboy530 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:57 am

hey when ever i installed the mod it just shows like a yellow caution sign as the ship and rooms is it because i havent updated my ftl
DryEagle

Postby DryEagle » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:10 am

Make sure your FTL is the right version, yes (1.0.3.1 is the latest, and the one I'm using).
Though really there's no reason it wouldn't be compatible with earlier versions - or with other mods - so something must be going terribly wrong for you. Not much I can do there.
ImageImageImageImage
kemper0821

Postby kemper0821 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:16 am

I installed the mod and I am pretty sure I did install it correctly (hard not to) but for some reason the ship has all the rooms but it is just a floating black box. Please tell me if you know what the problem is and if I can fix it. Thanks!
DryEagle

Postby DryEagle » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:44 pm

The fact that it works for plenty of other people (as you can see in the videos they've already posted) means the mod is fine and it's something you're doing wrong. Uninstall all mods (unselect everything in GMM and hit patch) then patch in only this one. If that doesn't work, try reinstalling your game or throwing your computer out the window. Problem is on your end, not mine.
ImageImageImageImage