[MOD] Better Planets and Backgrounds 1.3.2

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
RetryAgain

Re: [MOD] Better Planets and Backgrounds 1.3

Postby RetryAgain » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:57 am

These are absolutely incredible. Every time I FTL I am taken aback and say "Wow." Highly Recommend!
TheDarkdu42

Postby TheDarkdu42 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:15 am

Awesome mod dude.
Just one question : Is that you who draw all planets and backgrounds ?
You want to destroy every ships ?
Try this : http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10873
sanmonku

Postby sanmonku » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:59 am

in version 1.2 is everything, except 3 Hubble backgrounds, made by me.
1.3 is the same but with 62 additional Hubble backgrounds.

btw, in the game are 3 nebulas, but i only saw 1 of them in the game, with the mod where they are replaced, i only saw 1 of the 3 replacements... are those 2 others some spcial backgrounds and are only used in some special cases/events etc ? they're only in the specific list, so it looks like that to me...?
y0sho

Postby y0sho » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:05 pm

This is an awesome mod. Thanks for putting it together. I cant imagine playing the game any other way now.
HappyThug

Postby HappyThug » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:02 am

Thank you very much, very awesome.
jumpclone

Postby jumpclone » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:51 pm

Hello
Awsome backgrounds, but i still have a problem with black square on hovering over enemy systems when targetting, also system repair drone appears as a black square on my ship, and sometimes a big black square appears on my ship after a fire.
only mods i have installed are better backgrounds and asteroids.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:14 pm

Sound like you have files from different versions of FTL packed together. Update FTL, delete everything in your resources folder except data.dat and resources.dat, then install the mod again.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Maj0rMel0n

Postby Maj0rMel0n » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:22 am

It isn't working. For some reason it downloads as a ".7z" file. I change the file to a ".ftl" and when I try to patch it the manager just closes without finishing the patch. Someone help please.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:13 am

7z is an archive, just like a rar or zip. You have to unpack it.
Google is usually able to help with such stuff, there really is no need to ask on a forum when you can easily solve the problem yourself.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:39 pm

Maj0rMel0n wrote:It isn't working. For some reason it downloads as a ".7z" file. I change the file to a ".ftl" and when I try to patch it the manager just closes without finishing the patch. Someone help please.

Some mods are downloaded as .ftl files which you just copy to your mods folder, other mods are downloaded as archives (zip, rar, 7z) that have to be unpacked. Packed in the archive is usually the .ftl mod and a readme.txt file.

Now just because this isn't confusing enough, some versions of Windows and some browsers will automatically treat all .zip files (but usually not rar or 7z) as folders. This is fine if you downloaded a .zip but if you downloaded an .ftl file (which is in reality just a renamed .zip file itself) it will show you the contents of the mod which cannot be installed. It can be really confusing trying to get an .ftl file copied to the proper place.
And of course, most Windows will hide the .___ file extension causing even more problems.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.