[Tool] FTL Ship Editor: Superluminal [NOT UPDATED TO AE]

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Lord0fHam

Re: [Tool] Yet Another FTL Ship Editor: Superluminal - u6-2-

Postby Lord0fHam » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:07 am

Also the export menu doesn't work (maybe).
http://imgur.com/Dlihyjz
As you can see, there appears to be a dropdown menu on top of the Blueprint ID place where you can type. Or maybe the other way around?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:19 am

Ah, that sounds about right for the operating station tool. It doesn't have any real representation in-game (room interior graphics are completely unrelated to it, apart from the looks), so I just used a rectangle to indicate where it is.

As for the doors, uh... I've fixed it, but haven't deployed it. And now I'm halfway through porting the app to a new, more efficient drawing system (lots of <3 to Vhati for that), and it doesn't exactly work yet... Guess you'll have to wait until I'm done with that :X Sorry (well, I could also pull 6-2 source from GitHub and re-apply the changes, if you really want)

Regarding the tree, I can't really tell. I'll have to test it myself, though I guess it's that Mac files have slightly different structure and that's bugging the reading function.

As for the export menu, guess it's apparently another oversight on my part... The text field is supposed to be hidden when the replace existing option is chosen, and it does, but it doesn't get hidden initially when the window is opened and the ship created is a player ship.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Lord0fHam

Postby Lord0fHam » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:26 am

Well, I've got some time right now so if you want to post a new version for me, I can help test for a few hours.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:33 am

Thing is, the version doesn't work even on Windows yet, and I know what I need to fix, at least for now... Besides, it's 1:30 AM here, I'd rather leave it for tomorrow :P I don't want to not end up with more bugs than fixes, like last time.
FTLmodder28

Postby FTLmodder28 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:57 am

Don't work I'm using Win 7 64 bit with Java JRE 7. This is really making it harder for me to release my mods. I guess I'll have to wait for the 0.3 beta. :(!!!

Okay please don't give up on this tool and let us know when it's Working on Win OS. Thanks cause I really need this until then I'll have to play around with 0.2 to add doors and build he rooms from Ship/txt files which is a PAIN in the you know what! :lol:

This is something FTL 2 definitely needs, a SHIP EDITOR and Mission Editor. Right there in the Main Menu built into the APP. Like Fallout Tactics. ;)
FTLmodder28

Postby FTLmodder28 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:02 am

Okay please don't give up on this tool and let us know when it's Working on Win OS. Thanks cause I really need this until then I'll have to play around with 0.2 to add doors and build he rooms from Ship/txt files which is a PAIN in the you know what! :lol:

This is something FTL 2 definitely needs, a SHIP EDITOR. Right there in the Main Menu built into the APP. Like Fallout Tactics. ;)
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:05 pm

This is strange. I have Win7 64 myself, and version 6-2 is working perfectly fine for me. What exactly is happening? If it doesn't run at all, then maybe you have 32-bit Java installed, in which case you have to downlaod the 32-bit version of the editor. Also try running it via the bat file (just double click on it)
Lord0fHam

Postby Lord0fHam » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:46 pm

Got a new version for me to test karto?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:57 pm

I doubt I'll be done with it so soon. What I'm doing now is basically rewriting the core features of the editor, which affect all the higher-level functions. That's a bit of work. Depending on how smoothly it goes, could be anywhere from tomorrow to next week.
Darkfrost

Postby Darkfrost » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:54 am

Looks awesome! Really nice work ^^
Love FTL? Wish you could fly around in the USS Enterprise, the Tardis, or a ship that looks just like your own face? Check out FTLEdit, a ship editor for FTL, so you can create your own custom ships and play them!
Don't forget to share them too! :)