[Bug] The infected crew member becomes crazed...

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
pouzzler

[Bug] The infected crew member becomes crazed...

Postby pouzzler » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:46 am

And attacks.

This event just fired, and a mantis crew member disappeared from my crew, however a human attacks me. Either genetics have had some startling progress in the next few centuries, or it should have been a bug attacking ME, not my computer ;)
Matthew
Site Admin

Re: [Bug] The infected crew member becomes crazed...

Postby Matthew » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:48 pm

Sadly, our scripting language isn't fancy enough to handle that... and since that behaviour (your crew becomes evil) is only present in one event it hasn't been worth adding it. Maybe it's something that can be fixed as a low priority issue in a future patch.

Thanks for taking the time to report it though!
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
thashepherd

Postby thashepherd » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:47 am

Matthew wrote:Sadly, our scripting language isn't fancy enough to handle that... and since that behaviour (your crew becomes evil) is only present in one event it hasn't been worth adding it. Maybe it's something that can be fixed as a low priority issue in a future patch.

Thanks for taking the time to report it though!

Might something like this be possible?

Code: Select all

<event>
      <text>As you explore the base, crazed screams are heard.  Your team retreats back to your ship with a number of armed scientists in pursuit.   One of your team starts to cough and falls in a spasm onto the floor.</text>
      <choice hidden="true" req="energy">
         <text>Drag him back to the ship and prepare for a fight.</text>
         <event>
            <text>As you get back on board, your injured friend rises up and starts to attack you, screaming.  Caught off-guard, your remaining crew fall back as the other scientists fight their way onto the ship.</text>
            <boarders min="1" max="1" class="energy"/>
            <boarders min="3" max="3" class="human"/>
            <crewMember amount="-1" class="energy"/>
         </event>
      </choice>
      <choice hidden="true" req="rock">
         <text>Drag him back to the ship and prepare for a fight.</text>
         <event>
            <text>As you get back on board, your injured friend rises up and starts to attack you, screaming.  Caught off-guard, your remaining crew fall back as the other scientists fight their way onto the ship.</text>
            <boarders min="1" max="1" class="rock"/>
            <boarders min="2" max="3" class="human"/>
            <crewMember amount="-1" class="rock"/>
         </event>
      </choice>      
      <!-- etc -->
   </event>
You are the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men - but I'm trying, I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.

"Wow, that Kieve guy is one angsty nerd eh."
Sonata - "Best use of Common Lisp in an indie space roguelike!"
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:50 pm

Or just change the flavor text to be about a crazed stowaway who kills the first crewmember to discover him.
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:22 pm

I've actually fixed it on my end now with a new tag in the xml scripting. It'll be in the next patch (no ETA)
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here