[SHIP] The Viper

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
VanguardOfValor

Re: [SHIP] The Viper

Postby VanguardOfValor » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:26 pm

RetryAgain wrote:I'm very interested in playing around with this ship, but I don't want to lose my Kestrel... Is there any way it can not overwrite other ships?

Keep in mind, you can always remove the mod with the modloader when you don't want to use it. The replacements aren't permanent.
Various Valorous Videos, should you be interested...
DryEagle

Postby DryEagle » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:00 pm

You can load and unload mods at will; it is not possible to add a ship without temporarily overwriting one of the current ones, and I chose the kestrel obviously to just make this accessible as possible ;) i.e. more people have the kestrel available than the crystal-b -.-
All ships I have created include custom weapons, graphics etc:
ImageImageImageImage
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:56 am

I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Jonfon

Postby Jonfon » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:46 pm

I love this ship, it appeals to my sadistic "Slow painful crew death" side. As noted above the fun really starts once you get Sensors 2 installed and can see the firestorm ravage their ship. Once I realised that the best approach was to Cannon different systems each time to increase the chances of fires it really got fun. Having the boarding drone available as a supplement works really well too, once you've spent the extra Scrap on an extra point in Drone Control.

Nice to have Shields 2 and I also like the counterbalance of having no airlocks and weak doors on the Viper itself. Fire & repairs can be a total pain to deal with initially.

One weird thing I hadn't expected with the Ion component of the Venom cannons, if their shields are up it will still pierce them as expected, but Ion damage will be applied to the shield and then to the system hit as well (so you get a 1+1 effect). It's pretty cool in fact.
Vraes

Postby Vraes » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:11 am

Is there an alternate mirror for the download? I despise iLivid.
DryEagle

Postby DryEagle » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:01 am

Vraes wrote:Is there an alternate mirror for the download? I despise iLivid.

What's iLivid? ...and in any case, all of my ships have 2 download locations, from either 2shared or mediafire, take your pick... 2shared is faster but not recommended if you don't have adblockers, mediafire is widely accepted ;)
ImageImageImageImage
Vraes

Postby Vraes » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:43 am

Thanks, I hadn't noticed the mediafire link, for whatever reason (stupidity, most likely). Excellent mod; it doesn't appear to conflict with any of my others, either.
aragorn12435

Postby aragorn12435 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:11 pm

100% love this ship and venom cannons, first play through on normal i ended up with 2 blast laser Mk 2's and a pre-igniter, teleporter, 3 sheilds and 2 boarding drones, flag ship didn't know what hit it! once i had a couple engi and a rockman, fires were no problem. one thing i was wondering is if it's possible to find the venom cannons in shops? i'd love if you could, they're deffinitely a game changer. keep up the good work! :D
DryEagle

Postby DryEagle » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:00 am

They're set to not appear in shops - I figured if 2 aren't enough for you, you're probably doing something so wrong that it won't matter anyway ;)
ImageImageImageImage
aragorn12435

Postby aragorn12435 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:05 am

actually, i was thinking more along the lines of getting them to put on other ships, 2 of them is deffinitely bad ass, and more than enough to keep the biggest baddies at bey, i'd just like to have the choice of having them on my entire fleet! :D