Post your Highscore

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
GoldenShadowGS

Re: Post your Highscore

Postby GoldenShadowGS » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:39 am

Consider a stealth ship build that never has shields.
Max engines, max stealth, strong weapons. Defense drone and hull repair drone. It would give you a high chance to beat the flagship without shields.
Ranarius Webfoot

Postby Ranarius Webfoot » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:02 am

Haha... that's quite an idea...
Although, I'd be worried about the enemies damaging my systems. Especially phase 2, with the two attack drones + drone spam... having powerful weapons won't do much good if they land a few shots in the weapons bay.
But if you wanna try it, let us know how it goes...
TheDarkdu42

Postby TheDarkdu42 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:23 pm

My High score : 6780

Of course, I played with Infinite Space and my own ship, The Lost Hunter !
It's the link in my signature for the download, it is overpowered.
Don't believe me ? Look this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqV3Ffh3RwQ
You want to destroy every ships ?
Try this : http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10873
GoldenShadowGS

Postby GoldenShadowGS » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:41 am

I don't think high scores obtained by cheating are valid. But thats just me.
Ranarius Webfoot

Postby Ranarius Webfoot » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:45 pm

Woohoo, victory with the Slug A!
It definitely helped that I found a Burst Laser Mk I in Sector 1! And then some Hull Laser I's later on, which I replaced after I got to the secret sector. Also I got to the secret sector for the first time without savescumming! Woohoo!
That's also the most scrap I've ever gotten on Normal... enough to fully upgrade everything except cloak and sensors, which I didn't ever buy. I even fully upgraded drone control, hehehe!
I also found a Weapons Pre-Igniter for sale... in a shop in Sector 8, which was scheduled to be taken over right after I visited, so I had to buy it RIGHT THEN. Sold my other augments to get it; it was nice and def worth it!
cuthawolf

Postby cuthawolf » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:07 am

4920 with the Basilisk on Normal, full completion. To be honest I don't know why it's so high, I didn't think it was a great run. Might be because I completed "Living off the Land" while doing it?
Ranarius Webfoot

Postby Ranarius Webfoot » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:26 am

Did you take a lot of ships intact? Taking ships intact means better rewards which means more scrap which, I think, means more points.
Duboyski

Postby Duboyski » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:21 pm

Heh, just beat my best score by quite a way...
Vindaloo

Postby Vindaloo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:03 pm

Just got a high score of 5757 with the Basilisk on my first play through with the ship! A 4-man teleport pad is just ridiculous! Also I had a lot of luck early on, finding 2 rockmen in the first sector and a Burst Laser Mk II as well.
Thrudgel

Postby Thrudgel » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:02 pm

Hey guys I've been playing this game like a maniac for 28hours so far. Time to switch off easy I suppose. Or maybe it's better to unlock the other ships on easy...?
Full Play through at least 5 times, I can't remember, my first game I got to final boss but auto-loss because he went to close to the base lol