Those perfect runs

General discussion about the game.
ExtraCheesyPie

Those perfect runs

Postby ExtraCheesyPie » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:44 am

Where everything seems to go right, and you defeat the boss.

I beat the boss on Normal the first time right now. I used the Stealth B, for the third time. I got shields early on, and then got 2 layers. I picked up 2 Weapons charge boost (The 15% faster weapons augment) and my Glaive charged faster.
Then I got a Burst Laser Mk2, and a Burst Laser MK1. After changing my third weapon 4 times, I got ANOTHER Burst laser. I got a teleporter and drone control on the seventh sector, with full mantis, and I got 2 more zoltans in the zoltan homeworld. Unfortunately, I underestimated my glaive beam power and destroyed the ship my mantis were in, so I needed to use my human and rock. I used System Repair and Boarding drones.

At the boss, I took him out in 2 volleys. Second phase, 4 volleys. Third phase i had a little trouble because of the zoltan shield and people swarming me on my ship, but I did it! Everything went perfectly, apart from the mantis loss.
I hate FTL...

But I love it at the same time...
BKT

Re: Those perfect runs

Postby BKT » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:22 am

I once got 1 Ion bomb + 2 Burst MK2 + Stealth weapon by sector 4 ... The whole run is as smooth as silk. :P
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:07 am

One run in the Zoltan A stands out because i think i got pretty much the sweetest weapons imaginable. It wasn't all smooth sailing but beating the boss was at least guaranteed. How often would you simply refuse to buy an Ion Bomb?

You would if you had 2 Halberd Beams (6 power total) and had a choice of Burst Laser MkII or Breach Bomb MkII (2 power each) as support weapons. Hard to imagine a better setup. :mrgreen:

I withwdrew my boarders from the boss fight, they just got in the way. I also fried 2 Mantis earlier because i miscalculated the damage output of the two Halberds. whoopsie :lol:
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Milkshake

Postby Milkshake » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:54 pm

I had my best run in the Crystal A,

got a Weapon Pre-igniter in the first sector as a random drop, and a Glaive beam popped up in a store while I had enough scrap! This meant that up to sector 5 I could pretty much just save all my scrap (also got the "on a wing and a prayer" achievement on this run, without even trying.

When I arrived at the boss I still had the Glaive, a burst II and I think a small bomb. Teleport with 2 mantis, some engi and zoltan on my ship, a defence and a anti-personell drone, full shields, a cloak and the weapon cooldown augment. The boss never stood a chance! :D
bruinenberg

Postby bruinenberg » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:59 pm

My perfect run isn't an actual run, but it would be a run in which I get an attack drone, 2* ion II, 2* dual lasers, a crew member with max weapon skill, 3 automatic reloaders and 2 ion bombs in my cargo for the final battle. Also, the basic cloak with engine for 100% dodge and 4 shields.

If anyone ever gets this run know that it's a guaranteed win. Your ion's can keep down 3 systems at the same time and you won't even need a crew teleporter because the ai can't do a thing.

Seriously, this ship would be so good that if pvp existed you could beat a flagship with a weapon pre-igniter(if that would have effect on it's weapons) that is controlled by someone who beat the flagship on normal with every ship available. Even a boarding crew containing 8 crystals wouldn't be enough to take you down because you would only need 3 crew members and you could just vent all air and send those 3 crew members to the med bay.
rannl

Postby rannl » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:05 pm

bruinenberg wrote:My perfect run isn't an actual run, but it would be a run in which I get an attack drone, 2* ion II, 2* dual lasers, a crew member with max weapon skill, 3 automatic reloaders and 2 ion bombs in my cargo for the final battle. Also, the basic cloak with engine for 100% dodge and 4 shields.

If anyone ever gets this run know that it's a guaranteed win. Your ion's can keep down 3 systems at the same time and you won't even need a crew teleporter because the ai can't do a thing.

Seriously, this ship would be so good that if pvp existed you could beat a flagship with a weapon pre-igniter(if that would have effect on it's weapons) that is controlled by someone who beat the flagship on normal with every ship available. Even a boarding crew containing 8 crystals wouldn't be enough to take you down because you would only need 3 crew members and you could just vent all air and send those 3 crew members to the med bay.

Pretty sure you can't get the dual laser during the game, as it is a starting weapon configuration only (like the basic laser and mini beam). Shame, cause for 1 power it is an excellent weapon.
nafuid

Postby nafuid » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:23 pm

My luckiest run was much like Milkshake's.
Piloting Stealth A.
Sector 1, jump 2: free pre-igniter
Sector 2, jump 2: free Glaive

The rest of the run? You can imagine, and you'll have to because I don't remember the details. Just stomped everthing in my path, had more scrap than I knew what to do with and slaughtered the boss.
Megas Domestikos

Postby Megas Domestikos » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:37 pm

Fed A with free Glaive Beam in sector 2. Bought pre-igniter in sector 3. Also got a burst laser, lv 2 or 3.

Nuff said.
Space Roman
bruinenberg

Postby bruinenberg » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:17 pm

rannl wrote:
bruinenberg wrote:My perfect run isn't an actual run, but it would be a run in which I get an attack drone, 2* ion II, 2* dual lasers, a crew member with max weapon skill, 3 automatic reloaders and 2 ion bombs in my cargo for the final battle. Also, the basic cloak with engine for 100% dodge and 4 shields.

Pretty sure you can't get the dual laser during the game, as it is a starting weapon configuration only (like the basic laser and mini beam). Shame, cause for 1 power it is an excellent weapon.

Well, a burst laser mk3 would also be enough. For that run you just need some weapon that can deal damage and doesn't cost missiles or drones.
GoldenShadowGS

Postby GoldenShadowGS » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:30 am

Mantis B starts with 2 shields and a defense drone. I found enough scrap before the sector 1 exit to buy level 3 shields and a few engine upgrades. and I kept finding new crew. I had 4 boarders ready by the middle of sector 1. and I found a heavy ion and pike beam to defeat zoltans and auto ships by the end of sector 2. Wasn't my best run, but everything went perfectly.
Well I risked my crew on a few random events and lost, but they were replaced on the very next beacon both times with better species. human>rockman, rockman>mantis.