Grognak's Mod Manager v1.7 (Updated March 6, 2013!)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Optimi

Re: Grognak's Mod Manager v1.5 (Updated Dec 19 2012!)

Postby Optimi » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:28 pm

Non steam on Windows 7 64 bit.
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:36 pm

You should copy over the files and use modman.exe rather then the python files.
Optimi

Postby Optimi » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:03 pm

Modman.exe is a python file on my PC.
LBraden

Postby LBraden » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:47 am

Alas did not work, but they appear the same error message, I can't read all of it before it goes and trying to click prt scrn is a little hard before it goes too as it is only up for a second or two.

But yes, I am still trying to work out what it could be, I am running XP SP3, and as far as I am aware have .NET 4 running, as I have a program for another game that requires it.
derjuden

Postby derjuden » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:23 am

So I have ftl 1.031 DRM free on win 7 64-bit and GMM 1.5. I extracted it to the ftl folder which is in the default location. I try to load the sample mod, or a combination of mods it doesn't matter it always acts like its loaded properly and asks me to run the ftl window pops up then crashes with no error. I can't even get GMM to load ftl if no mods are selected. Its got to be something stupid as to why its I can't get any mods to work. FTL still works if I just run FTLgame.exe, and I tried deleting the data and resource folders and bak files with no luck.

Any advise would be appreciated.
Edit: So I noticed that some of the mods are working if after running GMM and it crashing I just load FTLgame. So for anyone else having this problem, GMM is modding the game but it won't load from GMM properly.

Also wouldn't it make more sense to have a troubleshooting section for mods in its own subforum instead of having one big thread where you can't find a solution cuz its almost 60 pages long? I do like to search ahead of time, but a 57 page thread is impossible to find a solution in.
Antony

Postby Antony » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:26 am

Grognak,
I'm at my wits end. Earlier today I was running modman.exe just fine. Then I decided to do some modding myself and installed FTLdat. My computer freaked out. I am running 64-bit Windows 7 and Comodo Internet Security is my All-in-one Anti-virus/Firewall app.

This is what comes up when I try running modman.exe:

"
C:\Program Files (x86)\FTL\modman.exe
X The version of this files is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.
"

I verified, lol, that my machine is indeed 64-bit....

So, I did a system restore to see if the installation of FTLdat messed something up. No change.

I did a very lengthy factory reset (soft) and then it took me some effort to even get modman.exe and the other files and folders into the directory containing "FTLGame.exe", but I resorted to lowering my UAC and got the pieces over.

Tried running it and I'm getting the same issue. I am the sole administrator of my PC and I even ran the compatibility issue resolver just for kicks. No cigar.

I swear, everything was fine until my PC freaked out about my installation of FTLdat and it even quarantined the program. With the factory reset all of that should be gone now.

I've ran this by several of the forum members and they are at a loss. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
-Antony

P.S. I was originally running the Humble Bundle direct download version of FTL, but last week I had to switch to the Steam version due to a complication with GMM and the new update having to do with the .bak files created by GMM that needed to be deleted because they were those of the prior game's version. I glad to have gotten rid of the Steam version now that I re-downloaded the game directly, but I really, really want to apply some mods and use your tool to unpackage the XML that will allow me to replace the crew names in the game. ; )
Bubbacubba

Postby Bubbacubba » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:10 pm

I seem to be having some troubles with your mod manager, just for the fact it isn't working on my Mac. Whenever I try to run main.py, I get just 2 pages of code. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, I'm pretty sure you don't hate macs, and whenever my friends use it on their computers it seems to work. I'm not sure if it is my OS, my programs are too old, or if I'm running a older version of Python (and if someone could tell me what version I seem to be running, and what version I need, that would be cool). Also, what program should I be running it in, the default seems to be IDLE, which seems to be the program that I would use first. I bought the game on GoG.
My dad said I should waste my time playing video games and watching firefly over and over again
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:02 pm

Optimi wrote:Modman.exe is a python file on my PC.

Can you try installing python 2.7.3 and re-downloading GMM?

LBraden wrote:Alas did not work, but they appear the same error message, I can't read all of it before it goes and trying to click prt scrn is a little hard before it goes too as it is only up for a second or two.

But yes, I am still trying to work out what it could be, I am running XP SP3, and as far as I am aware have .NET 4 running, as I have a program for another game that requires it.

I can't be sure then, because that error is specifically because it can't find the .ini file.

derjuden wrote:--snip--

That's a good suggestion, thanks.

Antony wrote:--snip--

Whoa... that's odd. Here's my advice, back up your saves and completely delete the FTL folder. Then disable Comodo Internet Security (really [url="http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/security-essentials-download]Microsoft Security Essentials[/url] is great, and free), and redownload both GMM and Ftldat.

Bubbacubba wrote:I seem to be having some troubles with your mod manager, just for the fact it isn't working on my Mac. Whenever I try to run main.py, I get just 2 pages of code. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, I'm pretty sure you don't hate macs, and whenever my friends use it on their computers it seems to work. I'm not sure if it is my OS, my programs are too old, or if I'm running a older version of Python (and if someone could tell me what version I seem to be running, and what version I need, that would be cool). Also, what program should I be running it in, the default seems to be IDLE, which seems to be the program that I would use first. I bought the game on GoG.

Check out the Mac tutorials on the front post, I think you'll find them really useful.
Optimi

Postby Optimi » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:23 pm

Just did that and still nothing :(
Treners

Postby Treners » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:55 pm

I've encountered an issue whenever I try to use the mod manager. Whenever I patch the game the mod manager dialogue window throws up a brief error message very quickly (too quickly for me to make it out, I can try and screenshot it) and then when I open FTL I get a very serious graphics bug. How serious? Well..

Image When I click new game, and

Image when I click start.

I'm running Windows Vista 64 bit. I tried deleting resources and using steam to verify the cache, it redownloaded and ran fine vanilla, then the same issue happened when I tried using the mod manager again. Any help would be most appreciated.