FTL Version 1.03.0 - Hotkeys and More! - Live on Steam

General discussion about the game.
Matthew
Site Admin

Re: FTL Version 1.03.0 - Hotkeys and More! - Live on Steam

Postby Matthew » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:28 am

Yup. The change from orange borders was one of those "wow why didn't we do this sooner" type of moments.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Antony

Postby Antony » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:48 pm

Non-steam user here. Excited about the update. I understand the need for a period of beta-testing. Any guesstimate as to when it will be released for those that purchased directly from the site?

Great game!!!
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:44 pm

I've sent the patch to our other distributors (both GOG.com and Humble Store) so the update should be available soon. I'll make an announcement once we know when it's up :) Sorry for the delay!
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
DCChuckles

Postby DCChuckles » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:09 pm

I never noticed any bugs, to be honest. Will this affect mods in any way, like the Minecraft updates?
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:27 pm

DCChuckles wrote:Will this affect mods in any way, like the Minecraft updates?

Mods can't really affect the engine in any way, and these changes are primarily engine-related. There are a scant few that make changes to the GUI, and those may need tweaking to account for "colorblind mode," but it shouldn't actually break the functionality of any existing mods. You'll probably have to re-install your mods after updating though.
nikto

Postby nikto » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:22 am

Antony wrote:Non-steam user here. Excited about the update. I understand the need for a period of beta-testing. Any guesstimate as to when it will be released for those that purchased directly from the site?

Great game!!!

Downloaded new version 4 hours ago from Humble library.
jamotide

Postby jamotide » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:34 am

Is the updated version on gog.com supposed to be this new 1.03.0 ? When I try to apply it, it says already updated and it has none of the new features when I start the game.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:44 am

There's an update on GoG, called 2.0.0 (they use their own update numbers). The file itself is v2.0.0.7 just to add to the confusion.

After running the patcher, the game updated from version 1.0 to 1.0.3.1 (release --> latest update) and i can confirm that new options are present. Customise controls is there as well as colorblind mode. Dunno what went wrong jamotide, maybe try to uninstall and reinstall the game, then try to patch again.

EDIT - Odd thing... the mac version is missing. Maybe it's being updated currently. :|
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
jamotide

Postby jamotide » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:32 am

Ok, so upgrading from the release version works, but not from the patch before that, pretty annoying! I'm not the only one, long list of complainers in the gog subforum.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:42 pm

jamotide wrote:Ok, so upgrading from the release version works, but not from the patch before that, pretty annoying! I'm not the only one, long list of complainers in the gog subforum.

Wow, GoG dropped the ball there! But can you copy your profile, unistall, then install the latest version and copy the profile back? Unless they borked the installer it should be the latest version.

Was actually surprised to see the new patch so soon. Better to do it right then rush it. I was pretty lucky not to have the 1.0.2 version (didn't have any reason to update).
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.