Save game editing

General discussion about the game.
Voiddweller

Re: Save game editing

Postby Voiddweller » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:41 pm

Current sector information, as well as next possible sector map destinations seems to be held in several bytes next to ship component records. It is easy to identify because bytes are separated by empty byte sections, and actually just simple zero-one changes. Right next to this, there is a number that is responsible to show current sector level visually (counts from zero)
Agent_L

Postby Agent_L » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:10 am

I'm stuck at the "0,0,-1" sequences which seem to describe room states as they come in pairs or quads. Then there's large area of zeros and then weapons, drones, etc. Any thoughts about those "0,0,-1" ?
CIA maps of Portugal Please God, don't let Portugal to go to war with USA!
Voiddweller

Postby Voiddweller » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:29 am

Well, all i have know for sure, that all map information encoded right after components info.
Like that:
Where:
1. Red - component data
2. Blue - current sector data
3. Green - visited sectors
4. Yellow - current sector level 3 (seems to be purely visual)
5. Gray - sector background and other art data

Edit: After that simple changes each time when i am at 7th sector exit point, i can now jump to 2nd sector and play forever :P
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:49 am

The continue.sav file format has been almost entirely deciphered (only 4 never-changing/erratic bytes left).

The ComaToes Profile Editor can dump its content in human-readable form, or reconstitute what the ship looks like based on that saved state.

A few general fields can be edited.
Later versions will add more GUI sliders and such to tweak other bytes visible in that dump.

Anyone interested in the format can take a look at the Java source code on github.
Tassyr

Postby Tassyr » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:56 pm

Okay, I realise this might be a dead forum but I'm trying to figure how to edit weapons on my save- just weapons, nothing else, so that I can actually have a matching set for once.

...help? I've tried using a hex editor but I can't figure out exactly what to edit or where! x.x
GreenZanbato

Postby GreenZanbato » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:46 am

Go to the mods section of this forum and find the save game editor. It can help you do that easily with no need for a hex editor.You could also try to make a mod to change the starting weapons of a ship. There should be a tutorial on the wiki and in the forum, although you might be able to figure it out on your own as well.
Shrooblord

Postby Shrooblord » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:03 am

I normally wouldn't bump a thread like this for a post like this, but I took GreenZabato's advice to look for the save game editor. It took me quite a while, so for future users, I thought I'd post a direct link:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5200

And you people working on this in this thread, great job, and keep it going! It's really interesting to watch you progress. ;)
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:50 am

Shrooblord wrote:I took GreenZabato's advice to look for the save game editor.

GreenZabato may have been referring to the ComaToes Profile Editor.

It's been mentioned in the mods forum a couple times because the current version (and previously, an unofficial snapshot) can edit saved games.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10959
greetingsfromoslo

Postby greetingsfromoslo » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:40 pm

I downloaded a basic hex editor and made some tweaks to the crew list in order to correct an instore click mistake that prevented me from unlocking the Noether cruiser while at the end of sector 7. I scum saved and read around without result until I stumbled upon this thread. Thank you for some valuable input. :geek:
yohan

Postby yohan » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:03 pm

i have been working on weapon hex.(here you just need to look at the ASCII) i found how to change the weapon when it says BOMB_1 you can change it to BOMB_2 by just change the number 1 to 2 behind the BOMB.(here you need to look at hex) you can also change it to something else too. There is a number in front of the weapon (number 4 in front) it means how many latter are in the weapon like BOMB_1 has 6 latter and BOMB_2 has also 6 latter that is why you can change it easy but you can change it to LASER_CHAINGUN_2 just replace the 06 to 10 and the bomb_1 to LASER_CHAINGUN_2 (it means 16) (you can do this to all the weapon just using the same way hex latter number to the number of the latter weapon you want and also replace the name of the weapon) hex number count like this:
01=1 02=2 03=3 04=4 05=5 06=6 07=7 08=8 09=9 0A=10 0B=11 0C=12 0D=13 0E=14 0F=15 10=16
(sorry my English is not very good)
youtube link: http://youtu.be/VvAUkVrLDwk