Grognak's Mod Manager v1.7 (Updated March 6, 2013!)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Parzival23803

Re: Grognak's Mod Manager v1.4.1 (Updated Nov 9 2012!)

Postby Parzival23803 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:36 pm

Is there anyone having this issue with a Drm-free copy or with steamapps in the normal location?

I believe this is my issue, and mine is in the standard location (for steam).
glubags

Postby glubags » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:40 pm

I played around with this; tried out the FTL Infinite Space mod + Firefly ship mod. Had fun. I then went back to the mod manager, selected nothing, clicked patch, and went to play the game unmodded. Upon starting a new game, I was unable to switch to the B layouts I'd unlocked, and the only ships unlocked were the Kestrel and Torus. Checked my stats and it seems to have reverted everything back at least a month or more. None of my recent high scores are there--it's all old info. All of my ship-specific achievements are gone, and the only game achievement shown unlocked is when I reached sector 5 ages ago. Anyone else have any issues losing game progress using this mod manager? Needless to say I'm a bit upset about losing this much work.

EDIT: Crisis averted! I live with roommates and my PC is in a common living area, so I've got my own password-protected admin account and another account for everyone else with parental controls and so forth so that my roommates can't possibly screw anything up. I'd been progressing through FTL using the non-admin account, but was using the admin account in order to download/install all these mod goodies. All my progress is just as it should be when playing on the non-admin side. D'oh. :oops:
Vincam195

Postby Vincam195 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:22 am

I put a mod on the list, then clicked patch, but when I open up FTL, the mod doesn't work. Help?
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:47 am

Try different mods, maybe the one you used doesn't work properly. Otherwise, I need more information in order to help.
Solarion

Postby Solarion » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:49 am

Grognak, any progress on the struct error?

I can upload a screenshot of the command window after I click patch later today when I'm home. Would that help?
Vincam195

Postby Vincam195 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:58 am

Grognak wrote:Try different mods, maybe the one you used doesn't work properly. Otherwise, I need more information in order to help.

I looked on the discussion and I don't think the mod I want isn't working. As for more information, when I click patch, the window for GMM disappears, and when I open FTL, it's still the same as always (I have a mac OS X 10.7.5 Lion if that's what you're looking for)
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:25 am

@Solarion, unfortunately not. I'm not sure what the difference the steam version has VS the drm-free version that would cause such an error. A screenshot might help, yeah.

@Vincam, sounds like you're getting an error. Make sure you extracted everything to the right place.
Vincam195

Postby Vincam195 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:05 pm

Grognak wrote:@Solarion, unfortunately not. I'm not sure what the difference the steam version has VS the drm-free version that would cause such an error. A screenshot might help, yeah.

@Vincam, sounds like you're getting an error. Make sure you extracted everything to the right place.

Ok, I just moved it over to the FTL folder, but it's still not working. I'll ask the mod maker if you have to start a new game for his mod to work.

*Edit* never mind, all good now, but I'm not sure what happened to fix it
Last edited by Vincam195 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Solarion

Postby Solarion » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:27 pm

Grognak wrote:@Solarion, unfortunately not. I'm not sure what the difference the steam version has VS the drm-free version that would cause such an error. A screenshot might help, yeah.

This is the error that I get after trying to patch the game with the extra scrap options. Hope it helps. I'd like confirmation from other users whether this is their problem as well.
Flamingdodo

Postby Flamingdodo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:31 pm

Solarion wrote:

This is the error that I get after trying to patch the game with the extra scrap options. Hope it helps. I'd like confirmation from other users whether this is their problem as well.

I get the same crash report when I try to use it for any mod so far, so if you get an idea on how to fix it please message me.