My first win (normal)

General discussion about the game.
mgagnon

My first win (normal)

Postby mgagnon » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:27 pm

FINALLY.
After 50 failed attempts and ~30 hours of playing... got through this blasted thing with the Red Tail.
What's so wonderful is that this game only lasts 1-2 hours but it took me 30 hours of playing to beat it.
You win at game design, FTL. You really do. Release similar work, please, so I can give you large burlap sacks full of money.

My painful lesson that I eventually learned somewhere around 30 games in:
Teleporter is positively *not* optional.
boa13

Re: My first win (normal)

Postby boa13 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:34 pm

Yeah, congratulations! :mrgreen:

This is the sign of a game I like: easy to get into, hard to master. :D
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
SleepyMage

Postby SleepyMage » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:01 pm

Congratulations! The first victory in this game is so much of a rush. But believe me when I say that it's not over yet. There is so much more to do that this game will keep going for a while. :D
FDru

Postby FDru » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:59 am

mgagnon wrote:My painful lesson that I eventually learned somewhere around 30 games in:
Teleporter is positively *not* optional.

It makes your first win easy, but it's definitely optional. I've beat normal many times with no teleporter. I'd argue that having some way to quickly deal with the flagship's missile launcher is not optional, but even then you could get lucky.