Can I win this fight? I need some ideas! [pic inside]

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
kidl33t

Can I win this fight? I need some ideas! [pic inside]

Postby kidl33t » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Here is how my fight currently stands.

(Link to the picture because it gets cut off)
http://i.imgur.com/k3GTm.jpg

I have disabled all of his subsystems except the O2 generator and I believe his beam weapons. I am playing as a boarding type build, there I don't want to kill the last guy in the last weapons bay.

Sadly since I didn't need weapons much in this build I didn't think to equip a weapon to do hull damage. As such I only have (equipped) 2x Heavy Ion, Ion Bomb, and fire beam.

I have lots more items in my inventory, but I don't know how much the final boss will heal if I jump away.

Is there any trick I haven't thought of to cause a little more hull damage? Sadly it isn't even repairing itself so I can't just board and sacrifice a crew member destroying one last subsystem.

Any ideas? Or am I just boned?
spacecadet13

Re: Can I win this fight? I need some ideas! [pic inside]

Postby spacecadet13 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:15 am

Wow! That is insane! Whenever I've gotten firebeam/firebomb/Rock Boarders for the final boss I've always had the concern of the fires spreading to take out the O2, killing all the crew, and turn the last two stages of the boss into an auto repairing terminator. You've avoided that, but, that's the least of your problems now.

Don't see how you can finish it; taking down the only undamaged systems won't do enough damage to kill the ship, and you've no way to do more damage. Tough break, but looks like you might have had some fun with that setup on they way there, no?
kidl33t

Postby kidl33t » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:15 am

Yeah I didn't actually use the firebeam to do this, just the ion bomb. I basically board and strike his weapons, then teleport into the door control room, 1/2 kill both the humans that come, ion bomb the medbay, kill the 2 humans (who now won't run since the medbay is dead), then teleport out, heal, and repeat until I kill the main crew. Then it's easy enough to just destroy the remaining systems by hand.

Sadly one has to remember to equip something that does hull damage since this is the one fight you can't (well in my case shouldn't) end by finishing off the whole crew!
Number43

Postby Number43 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:37 am

Actually, you should finish the crew, thus activating the autopilot. Then it will start repairing system. Whenever it repairs a system, take it out with the fire beam, doing 1 hull damage.
Farlark

Postby Farlark » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:19 pm

Interesting screenshot! How did the battle ultimately turn out?
Alvarin

Postby Alvarin » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:40 am

I am not sure if it'll work, but can you try using fire beam on the weapon room to cause the damage to system, but not to the crew (the other square) then let him put out the fire and repair. Repeat till done.