Additional Events & Texts (AET)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
EdenNov

Re: Additional Events & Texts (AET)

Postby EdenNov » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:20 pm

I don't think it's possible to get exp from events, also I'm generally against blue options being bad.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:02 am

EdenNov wrote:I don't think it's possible to get exp from events, also I'm generally against blue options being bad.

Like I said I sent them to the creators, who knows, maybe there will be added events where you can get EXP, like maybe finding Engi who would train your crew in repair, mantis for fighting and so on as for Blue Events being bad. Just because you have a blue event, doesn't mean it is always gonna be good
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
EdenNov

Postby EdenNov » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:30 am

Still, a blue option for a generally worthless weapon that 100% of the time gets you a worse result than any other option (maybe except losing crew, but that's only 33% of 1 option)? I don't think that's smart.
Thunderbird980

Postby Thunderbird980 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:10 pm

I'm fine with blue options being bad as long as they represent a stupid decision (like using a bomb weapon to kill intruders on a vital part of the ship).
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:48 pm

Thunderbird980 wrote:I'm fine with blue options being bad as long as they represent a stupid decision (like using a bomb weapon to kill intruders on a vital part of the ship).

that why I included the biobeam option, you can still get a reward, too bad you need to fight for it LOL
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:25 am

Hey I don't seem to be able to find the events, how would I know the mod is installed, mind adding say in the beggining text that the mod is installed, or prepare for new events or something like that?
Thunderbird980

Postby Thunderbird980 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:03 am

My stuff is up to free use, if anybody else wants to use it. (page 6 to download)
DAOWAce

Postby DAOWAce » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:46 am

I was going to report some spelling errors as they make the mod immersion breaking, then I saw this mod is apparently abandoned by the original author.

Reading the thread showed me someone who was apparently working on the mod alongside others who thought instant-death was a good idea. Then I saw he was pulled from the project.

For a newcomer into this; does this mod avoid instant deaths, and where is the latest 'version' to download, if there's even a newer revision?
I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:16 pm

plus how would I know its even working
DAOWAce

Postby DAOWAce » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:04 pm

^ If you have a good sense of grammar, you'll see a lot of wonky text and potentially some spelling errors.

The first thing I saw from this mod had a grammar error (a asteroid), really turned me off and broke my immersion.
I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.