What is your favourite ship - and why?

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
CenturyDuster

Re: What is your favourite ship - and why?

Postby CenturyDuster » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:10 am

Zoltan B, its quite OP.
breadsmith

Postby breadsmith » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:01 pm

Man O War (Slug A): I loves me some Bio beam
Zen

Postby Zen » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:00 am

The Kestrel.
One strong reason: it reminds me of the classic X-Com, respectively the Avenger.

Second, I like the Zoltan A & B. I think you can guess why...
0evil_overlord0

Postby 0evil_overlord0 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:32 pm

my favorite is the Torus. If you find a second Ion MK2 you already have good enough weapons to beat the boss. The ions can keep any number of shields down no matter how good the enemy ship's evade is and take out weapons. The attack drone will have plenty of time to destroy enemy ships.
madattak9

Postby madattak9 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:30 am

Zoltan B Dual Ions are OP for so many reasons, and was my first rebel victory ship.
Luigi9990

Postby Luigi9990 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:56 pm

I think my favorite ship is the Mantis Type B. I really enjoy boarding with 4 people, and the ship has 2 shields right
off the bat. It's only downfall is auto ships, but once you get a good weapon you are set.
GeneralSnap

Postby GeneralSnap » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:13 am

Kestrel B
Love the crew for the versatility and 4 pew—pew lazors is aawesome. Looking forward to osprey, havent beat game yet. Any tips for kestrel b to beat boss?
8-)
CrazyDave

Postby CrazyDave » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:21 am

After trying most of the ships in the game (I still don't have the Slug B or Rock B), I've found that my personal favorite is the Kestral B. Those four lasers at the start of the game... So powerful.

Other than that... Probably the Crystal B. Nothing boards quite like a Crystalman, and since you have cloak, your only early problems will come from drone ships.
Top scores:
1. Rock A - 4385, Easy
2. Kestral B - 4203, Normal
3. Crystal A - 4115, Easy
ZiMMy

Postby ZiMMy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:28 pm

CrazyDave wrote:Other than that... Probably the Crystal B. Nothing boards quite like a Crystalman, and since you have cloak, your only early problems will come from drone ships.

... and Zoltan ships.
Sorry for my really bad english.
More Dakka

Postby More Dakka » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:16 pm

GeneralSnap wrote:Kestrel B
Love the crew for the versatility and 4 pew—pew lazors is aawesome. Looking forward to osprey, havent beat game yet. Any tips for kestrel b to beat boss?
8-)

*shrug* It's a normal ship, can have every system (unlike, say, the Fed cruisers...). Benefits from an early teleporter purchase since you do start with a four-man crew including a mantis.

Level 1 teleporter w/ two crew you can spare for boarding actions (take out weapon bays early), level 1 cloak for dodging missile salvos / drone swarms / mass lasers, defense drone Mark I, 3-4 shield points (4th is expensive but still useful), ~45-50% evasion, doors at least level 2 in case you don't shoot down the boarding drones -- all quite useful. Hull repair drone is nice, but not necessary unless perhaps you both lack a defense drone *and* have only three shield points rather than four in which case you'll take more damage than normal. A single breach or fire bomb can be handy, and you do have four weapon slots.