[Spoiler] FTL Profile Editor v11 - Unlock ships, keep stats

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
Vhati

Re: [Spoiler] FTL Profile Editor v10 - Unlock ships, keep st

Postby Vhati » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:04 pm

DiEvAl wrote:Now it compiles fine, but I'm getting this exception...
I'm using Eclipse 3.7.0 on Windows XP.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7245 ... og4j-files
ComaToes

Re: [Spoiler] FTL Profile Editor v10 - Unlock ships, keep st

Postby ComaToes » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:41 pm

DiEvAl wrote:I'm using Eclipse 3.7.0 on Windows XP.

If you install the m2eclipse plugin, Maven will handle the dependency for you (It'll download the required jar and link it into the project). Running a Maven build will package a standalone jar, the same as the ones that are released, in the "target" directory.
Zen

Re: [Spoiler] FTL Profile Editor v11 - Unlock ships, keep st

Postby Zen » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:15 pm

I think I may be doing something wrong but does the editor unlocks the achievements (the ship and the general ones of course) only on EASY?

There are two achievements that I've been struggling to unlock for quite some time on NORMAL (one ship and one general) and I quit trying.
Joilin

Postby Joilin » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:56 pm

This looks very good!! But is there any way you could modify the Editor so you can delete all your stats and achievements?
My boyfriend played the game on my account and unlocked almost all of this stuff... Would like to do it on my own! :?
aaOzymandias

Re: [Spoiler] FTL Profile Editor - Unlock ships, keep your s

Postby aaOzymandias » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:31 pm

ApSciMorgs wrote:You, sir, are a life-saver. Without this, I most likely never would have been able to unlock anything other than the goddamn Engi ship. You are a good person and you should feel good.

EDIT: It... it ate all my achievements. And my stats. The adventures of the SSV McKay and FSV Normandy will only barely be remembered, instead of infinitely commemorated in my stats screen. -sniffles- Still, I like the tool.

I thought that for a while as well, but then suddenly in one play through I unlocked rock and stealth ship + a B type for the slug cruiser. Reading the wiki and keeping a few mental note about what unlocks what and just doing that as you come across it helps. It have netted me all but the mantis and crystal ships so far.

That said, such a tool as this is nifty although I prefer to do it the "hard way":)
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:42 pm

therunawaybros615 wrote:What I would like to have in the next update is something that allows you to change what weapon you have.
Weapons, Crew, Drones, Systems, Rooms, Breaches, Fires, and Augments will be editable in v12.

Joilin wrote:This looks very good!! But is there any way you could modify the Editor so you can delete all your stats and achievements?
My boyfriend played the game on my account and unlocked almost all of this stuff... Would like to do it on my own! :?
Look for prof.sav (On Windows it's in My Documents/My Games/FasterThanLight/).
Move or rename or delete that file, and the slate will be wiped clean.

Zen wrote:I think I may be doing something wrong but does the editor unlocks the achievements (the ship and the general ones of course) only on EASY?
At the moment, ships and achievements are indeed only unlocked on EASY.
EDIT: This will be addressed in v12.
Joilin

Postby Joilin » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:59 pm

Vhati wrote:
Joilin wrote:This looks very good!! But is there any way you could modify the Editor so you can delete all your stats and achievements?
Look for prof.sav (On Windows it's in My Documents/My Games/FasterThanLight/).
Move or rename or delete that file, and the slate will be wiped clean.

That has sadly no effect. Maybe because I'm playing it with my Steam-Account? I already contacted the Steam Support and they told me that they couldn't reset my achievements. Aw man, but I'm good, if the problem is Steam itself... :(
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:26 am

Joilin wrote:That has sadly no effect. Maybe because I'm playing it with my Steam-Account?
How about this then...
viewtopic.php?p=15704
Joilin

Postby Joilin » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:38 pm

Vhati wrote:
Joilin wrote:That has sadly no effect. Maybe because I'm playing it with my Steam-Account?
How about this then...
viewtopic.php?p=15704

That worked!! This is great :) Thank you so much!
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:24 pm

therunawaybros615 wrote:Vhati, how's v12 doing? Is there a release date yet? I'd really love to get my hands on v12 :twisted:
I've been contributing lots of code, but it's not my project to release.
That said, I think v12 is ready to be released.
But github shows no public activity from ComaToes in 22 days. :cry: