[MOD] Weaponanza! (16 new Weapons) (v1.1 - UPDATED 9/23/12)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
buzzyrecky

Re: [MOD] Weaponanza! (16 new Weapons) (v1.1 - UPDATED 9/23/

Postby buzzyrecky » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:44 am

boa13 wrote:It's quite simply illegal. Please remove the download to the files ASAP.

I'm sure other people in this sub-forum can help you convert your mod to the ftl mod format. Just ask. :)

I already have the mod in the ftl format, if you checked the first post. :)

But if you insist, I'll remove it. It'll make updating easier in the future, I guess. Sucks for anyone who doesn't use the modloader though (as I know from experience that it's a pain to use on macs)
Zebo12345

Postby Zebo12345 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:28 am

I got Ruin every time I've had a run so far while having this mod on.

In the first sector.

I haven't found it all that useful, mainly because of charge time, they have to have no remaining shields, and it just doesn't seem powerful enough to be worth it anyway. If you added one or two shield piercing to the equation, and took it's damage to zero, it would be interesting. Really interesting. I kind of want to see how it would work. I don't know if this idea is really a good idea at all, but I know I don't find Ruin to be useful, and you have it as a "secret" weapon in your list of weapons on this forum. (Because It's a secret, I don't want to spoil what it is, so I tried to make this post as vague as possible.)
buzzyrecky

Postby buzzyrecky » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:36 am

On test runs I've had with it, it wrecked enemy shields like crazy. Maybe I screwed it up in the rebalancing somewhere? Idk, I'll check later. It really shouldn't be THAT common though, you're just lucky :P
Zebo12345

Postby Zebo12345 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:27 pm

buzzyrecky wrote:On test runs I've had with it, it wrecked enemy shields like crazy. Maybe I screwed it up in the rebalancing somewhere? Idk, I'll check later. It really shouldn't be THAT common though, you're just lucky :P

I actually haven't used it, so I guess I just judged it by it's stats. Next time I get it, I'll try to actually use it.
buzzyrecky

Postby buzzyrecky » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:21 pm

Zebo12345 wrote:
buzzyrecky wrote:On test runs I've had with it, it wrecked enemy shields like crazy. Maybe I screwed it up in the rebalancing somewhere? Idk, I'll check later. It really shouldn't be THAT common though, you're just lucky :P

I actually haven't used it, so I guess I just judged it by it's stats. Next time I get it, I'll try to actually use it.

It's a really broken weapon, so you should definitely try it out. I made it's charge time WAY too long for a reason :P
gaaranet

Postby gaaranet » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:01 am

Content removed and user banned.
Last edited by UltraMantis on Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spam link removed by moderator
Shockr

Postby Shockr » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:01 am

Not really sure if it's related to your mod but I've noticed it while using yours.

With the Fed Cruiser some systems remain 'damaged' even though they've been repaired. Thus they are then unmannable (dispite the crew member animating as if it was). Not being able to man the shields, engine, weapons is tough.. not being able to man the cockpit is extreme :s

I'm testing if it's related to using the Panasea weapon on the room.
Shockr

Postby Shockr » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:56 am

I can confirm that the Panacea weapon does prevent the console in that room being 'manned' and leaves the relevant systems status as 'damaged'.

I'll see if I can find why :)
buzzyrecky

Postby buzzyrecky » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:40 am

Shockr wrote:I can confirm that the Panacea weapon does prevent the console in that room being 'manned' and leaves the relevant systems status as 'damaged'.

I'll see if I can find why :)

Aww, that sucks. I've never realized that while testing, even though I did test the panacea's effects on rooms with damaged systems.

I don't know if I can fix it, seeing that the entire point of the panacea is hull-healing (which is what's probably causing it, seeing that no other weapon is supposed to be able to do that to begin with).

What I'd suggest is to just ignore its system-healing effects and use it on systemless rooms, then. Sorry about that
Kaizerfreak

Postby Kaizerfreak » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:05 pm

Dang, just found that secret weapon. Gotta be one of the hardest things in the game to get, but man is it worth it.