My People Won't Move

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
GrindelWitch

My People Won't Move

Postby GrindelWitch » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:01 am

This may be a silly question, but I don't think it should be this hard. When I create a new game I click on a person and click on a room to tell them to move, but they never move. This happened in both the tutorial and the actual game. Regular and right-clicking don't work. I am on a Macbook Pro, and using control-click to right click. Nothing I do gets them moving. I can click on the systems and pause the game just fine, and even jump to other systems. Does anyone know how to fix this?
boa13

Re: My People Won't Move

Postby boa13 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:10 am

The crew member controls are a bit unintuitive.

It should be left-click to select the person (you can also left-lick in the list of crew members on the left-side of the screen), and then right-click in a room that has at least on square empty of crew members.

Are you sure you are doing that?
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:15 am

GrindelWitch wrote:I am on a Macbook Pro, and using control-click to right click.

Would it be possible to change the mouse behaviour? I know the iMacs have the option to enable a "proper" right click, but have no experience with MacBooks. It shouldn't matter since it's OS based. Check your system preferences to see if you can change your settings.

Maybe other Mac users can chime in as well.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:04 am

Ctrl+Click for Mac is relatively recent (newest version of FTL), are you sure you're up to date? The version number is in the bottom left corner of the main menu when you start FTL.

Did you try a mouse?

Sorry for the delayed response on the forums. Possible that you got this working already anyway?
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
CyroCryptic

Postby CyroCryptic » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:49 pm

Ik this is an old post but just for people still looking for answers u start the game paused hit space and they will move <3.