Ways to make the game more FUN!

General discussion about the game.
4boarderevent

Ways to make the game more FUN!

Postby 4boarderevent » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:49 pm

As I have been playing the game, i have thought of some simple ways to make the game a little more fun and skill based.

1. Add an acid cloud event where two rooms in your ship or plagued with acid, make it so that two crew members need to die in order to clear the acid. Also add a subsystem for 150 scrap that can prevent this event. The event can have a 10% chance of happening in the first 3 sectors.

2. Change the event in sector one that happens 20% of playthroughs where 4 humans board your ship , change it to 4 mantis instead. I feel this will accomplish the original events goal in a much more fun manner.

3.Give crew members a 5% chance per jump to go Reaver crazy and jump out the airlock. This will make it easier to cycle in new crew members, especially since crew are EASILY replaced.

4. Make stores appear less often and enable only one sub window, possibly make it Drone items more often.

This is just a small list that will increase the overall skill based success that the game currently strives to achieve. Let me know what you think :D
Madhax

Re: Ways to make the game more FUN!

Postby Madhax » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:01 am

Troll suggestion followed by a spambot. Great thread here.
Zalkida

Postby Zalkida » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:17 am

haohao01 wrote:(spam removed)

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Your suggestions have no chance of being implemented cuase they're way to extreme, but you could code them youself
Last edited by boa13 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed spam links
Zalkida Mirnath - Fear the Assassian
4boarderevent

Postby 4boarderevent » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:48 am

Madhax wrote:Troll suggestion followed by a spambot. Great thread here.

I am pleased so far!

More suggestions to come!
4boarderevent

Postby 4boarderevent » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:27 am

This game is complete RNG trash. After 40+ hours of playing I have had to put up with the very worst this game has to offer. Playing aggressive or passive, i rarely make it to the final sector. If im running out of fuel, i find stores and stores filled with weapons and no fuel. If i need weapons, every single store will offer drones and augments. If i need drones, it gives me crew and augments. Like clockwork this game does the very worst every single time. Attempts that i do make to sector 8, i will always have far too much of one thing. I will have gotten loads of crew members i dont need or i will have gotten oceans of drones and fire weapons that im not building towards. The game never just lets me have fun with the build i am going for. Its not like im asking for all the best weapons and augments but no matter what, the game does not give me an inch of fun. I cant count the number of attempts that have been plagued with a permanent lack of fuel, I will be capable of demolishing ships so the game just flat out refuses to give me fuel, its a complete joke.

This game is nothing like a rogue-like. Rogue-likes actually give you a chance to apply some skill and cunning towards beating the game. FTL is just an RNG mess that ensures you will be having zero fun till the stars align and you aren't BS'd out of a good run.
bulba

Postby bulba » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:10 am

:lol: this game realy hates me most of the time.
The thing is there are no builds... you just survive with what you've got - that's it.
I think the starting sectores are already as hard as they should be, making them harder will only increase furstration nothing else. acid rooms? seriously? venting out crew??? if you vent some out then increase their availabilaty or your entire games will be based on pure luck and no skill with some ships.
Ashenai

Postby Ashenai » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:06 am

4boarderevent wrote:This game is complete RNG trash. After 40+ hours of playing I have had to put up with the very worst this game has to offer.

4boarderevent wrote:Its not like im asking for all the best weapons and augments but no matter what, the game does not give me an inch of fun.

Hmm, yes. Whenever I don't find any fun in a game, I too play it for 40+ hours. Like you, I just keep playing it for days and days on end, and then I go online to whine about how it isn't any fun. Not for too long, though, because I really have to get back to playing this terrible game that isn't any fun.
Sovereighn2280

Postby Sovereighn2280 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:11 pm

4boarderevent wrote:This game is complete RNG trash. After 40+ hours of playing I have had to put up with the very worst this game has to offer. Playing aggressive or passive, i rarely make it to the final sector. If im running out of fuel, i find stores and stores filled with weapons and no fuel. If i need weapons, every single store will offer drones and augments. If i need drones, it gives me crew and augments. Like clockwork this game does the very worst every single time. Attempts that i do make to sector 8, i will always have far too much of one thing. I will have gotten loads of crew members i dont need or i will have gotten oceans of drones and fire weapons that im not building towards. The game never just lets me have fun with the build i am going for. Its not like im asking for all the best weapons and augments but no matter what, the game does not give me an inch of fun. I cant count the number of attempts that have been plagued with a permanent lack of fuel, I will be capable of demolishing ships so the game just flat out refuses to give me fuel, its a complete joke.

This game is nothing like a rogue-like. Rogue-likes actually give you a chance to apply some skill and cunning towards beating the game. FTL is just an RNG mess that ensures you will be having zero fun till the stars align and you aren't BS'd out of a good run.

1. That's part of the fun, losing. 2. You just have horrible luck. 3. If the game were easy, it wouldn't be fun. 4. If you hate the difficulty of FTL, WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU POST SUGGESTIONS TO MAKE THE GAME HARDER!?
4boarderevent

Postby 4boarderevent » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:04 am

Sovereighn2280 wrote:
4boarderevent wrote:This game is complete RNG trash. After 40+ hours of playing I have had to put up with the very worst this game has to offer. Playing aggressive or passive, i rarely make it to the final sector. If im running out of fuel, i find stores and stores filled with weapons and no fuel. If i need weapons, every single store will offer drones and augments. If i need drones, it gives me crew and augments. Like clockwork this game does the very worst every single time. Attempts that i do make to sector 8, i will always have far too much of one thing. I will have gotten loads of crew members i dont need or i will have gotten oceans of drones and fire weapons that im not building towards. The game never just lets me have fun with the build i am going for. Its not like im asking for all the best weapons and augments but no matter what, the game does not give me an inch of fun. I cant count the number of attempts that have been plagued with a permanent lack of fuel, I will be capable of demolishing ships so the game just flat out refuses to give me fuel, its a complete joke.

1. That's part of the fun, losing. 2. You just have horrible luck. 3. If the game were easy, it wouldn't be fun. 4. If you hate the difficulty of FTL, WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU POST SUGGESTIONS TO MAKE THE GAME HARDER!?

I WAS TROLLING AT HOW HORRIBLE SOME OF THE RNG DEATHS IN THIS GAME! I hate that level 2 (maybe 3) Doors is a MUST right off the bat because the 4 boarder event is a death sentence if they don't land close enough to an airlock...or i have engi/zoltan crew...or the boarders move around the shit smart.

I do love this game, but i wish the difference between normal and easy mode was different. I started the game on normal and i got to the flagship on most of my tries, but now when i try to follow a build on easy i can never get the game to give me what i need. I am currently at the flagship with 4 crew members, no augments, no drones- but awesome guns! This game hates me :'c
4boarderevent

Postby 4boarderevent » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:28 am

FIRST SYSTEM! A SINGLE SHIELD SHIP TORE THROUGH MY SHIP AND DODGED 80% OF MY SHOTS!