How do you get 4 guys to fight you in one room?

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
Adam Taylor

How do you get 4 guys to fight you in one room?

Postby Adam Taylor » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:08 am

I'm trying to get the lockdown achievement on the Crystal ship (which I finally got... though now I would have unlocked it on the 10 playthroughs after getting it).

How do you get four enemies to fight you in one room?
As far as I can tell, the AI refuses to allow 4 crew to stand in one room. The most it uses it 3. If one dies, then another comes from another room. But it never puts in 4 at once.

I managed to catch 4 one time, but one was trying to get to another room, so he attacked the door, which didn't count.
Madhax

Re: How do you get 4 guys to fight you in one room?

Postby Madhax » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:51 am

I got the achievement from a random event where boarders appear, not from an actual boarding party from an enemy ship. Four dudes appeared all at once right on top of one of my crystal guys, so I moved in some other fighters and locked it down. Easy achievement, though it might cost you a crew member.
T-hawk

Postby T-hawk » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:55 am

I got it on the boss, which has a 4 square medbay. I sent two pairs of boarders all into the med bay, and the AI simply sent 4 crew to fight them. On other ships, the AI probably will not commit 4 out of 5 crew to one room, but on the boss it can send 4 out of 8 or so.
xdiesp

Postby xdiesp » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:16 am

Happened to me in a nebula, there were like 6 boarders at the time, but I still had to vent half the ship to persuade them to stay all in the same place.
Agent_L

Postby Agent_L » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:26 am

I unlocked it on easy without any problems. It seems that on easy enemy crews are more numerous than on normal (eg on normal sometimes they beam 1 guy over, but on easy they always have enough to spare 2)
CIA maps of Portugal Please God, don't let Portugal to go to war with USA!
SushaBrancaleone

Postby SushaBrancaleone » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:06 pm

as some1 suggested your best go at this is in defense, since you cannot control what enemy crew does on the enemy ship.
Use the usual tricl; press opause, move all your crew to med bay and if you have more than 4 put the rest ina nearby room. OPen vents and all doors, beside the medbay. This will force enemy crew to go to your medbay. If there are more than 4 boarders u got the achiev.
undergroundmonorail

Postby undergroundmonorail » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:03 pm

SushaBrancaleone wrote:as some1 suggested your best go at this is in defense, since you cannot control what enemy crew does on the enemy ship.
Use the usual tricl; press opause, move all your crew to med bay and if you have more than 4 put the rest ina nearby room. OPen vents and all doors, beside the medbay. This will force enemy crew to go to your medbay. If there are more than 4 boarders u got the achiev.

That's a good strategy for boarders, but as far as I know there isn't a player ship with a 4-person medbay.
T-hawk

Postby T-hawk » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:11 pm

Well, it doesn't have to be the medbay. Take any 4 square room, vent everything else, and the AI boarders will all go there together.
Agent_L

Postby Agent_L » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:23 pm

AI prioritizes shields, so if they have 2x2 shields and crew large enough (I'd recommend 5 ppl or more, as piloting is also high priority) you can teleport there, wait for them to come at you, lockdown and TP away before your 2 guys lose to their 4.
CIA maps of Portugal Please God, don't let Portugal to go to war with USA!
SushaBrancaleone

Postby SushaBrancaleone » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:56 pm

undergroundmonorail wrote:
SushaBrancaleone wrote:as some1 suggested your best go at this is in defense, since you cannot control what enemy crew does on the enemy ship.

That's a good strategy for boarders, but as far as I know there isn't a player ship with a 4-person medbay.

what are your talking about...
the kestrel(mode A) has a 4 room medbay
so does the Red-tail , Nesasio,the gila monster, the basilisk, the torus, the osprey, man of war, (not sure about stormwalker), bulwark, shivan, the adjudicator, Noether, Bravis and the Carnelian ALL have 4 room medbays from start.

ON 18 ships in total 14 have a 4 room medbay from start .. y