Grognak's Mod Manager v1.7 (Updated March 6, 2013!)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
mrgstiffler

Re: Grognak's Mod Manager (v1.3)

Postby mrgstiffler » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:46 pm

ser_aerochorro wrote:Ok, mrgstiffler, try going to System Preferences/Security & Privacy/General Tab and on "Allow applications downloaded from" mark Anywhere and run the manager again.

Unfortunately that was already set :(
ser_aerochorro

Postby ser_aerochorro » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:31 pm

mrgstiffler wrote:
ser_aerochorro wrote:Ok, mrgstiffler, try going to System Preferences/Security & Privacy/General Tab and on "Allow applications downloaded from" mark Anywhere and run the manager again.

Then I really don't know what's happening. Sorry, I just don't have enough information to help you :<
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:45 pm

Howzet wrote:Thanks for anyone that may have been attempting to help but I got it working. :)

Awesome. :) Mind typing up the steps you took? It might help others in the future.

In other, exciting news, here's a screenshot of the new interface that doesn't require EasyGUI!

v1.4 is due to release soon-ish. :)
mrgstiffler

Postby mrgstiffler » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:47 pm

ser_aerochorro wrote:
mrgstiffler wrote:

Then I really don't know what's happening. Sorry, I just don't have enough information to help you :<

It looks like the problem was with os.path.split(argv[0])[0]. I changed that to os.getcwd() + '/' and it's working now. Here's the application I made with py2app:

http://www.gregstiffler.com/gmm.zip
UprightMan

Postby UprightMan » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:13 am

erm I feel silly asking this but does the Mod Manager work for the game if bought on steam? Cause it seems that no matter what I do I cant get it to work or what not. Help plez?
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:52 am

It does work with the Steam version. I cannot help you without any details. Did you read the included readme? :)
GroxGlitch

Postby GroxGlitch » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:55 am

No offense intended, but I'm not entirely sure that Avast! is picking up a false positive, because it nailed the link to the download site as a virus as well, and flags the .exe file included as well. I'm no internet guru but it seems possible someone infected the download.
Again, not sure, just pointing out. I do sincerely hope this IS a false positive because this is single handedly the most useful piece of modding equipment for this game, and it really drags modding to a crawl without it.
Thank you for your hard work, as well. I cannot, personally, thank you enough for this massive contribution. I've wanted to mod FTL with the various ship editors and such that are out but never had an easy method until I started working with this.
Just wanted to mix the good and the bad :D
DemonicSol

Postby DemonicSol » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:15 am

hiya, heard about the amazing mods people have created for ftl, and decided to try it out, i followed the steps and extracted the modmanager,mod, scr and readme files to my ftl.exe folder, and started it up, it did not work, with the line of text stating that 'unpack requires a string argument of length 8' '. i am running win 7, GMM v1.3, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Howzet

Postby Howzet » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:05 am

Grognak wrote:
Howzet wrote:Thanks for anyone that may have been attempting to help but I got it working. :)

Awesome. :) Mind typing up the steps you took? It might help others in the future.

In other, exciting news, here's a screenshot of the new interface that doesn't require EasyGUI!

v1.4 is due to release soon-ish. :)

Hey,
Ok, so the problem was that I would launch the mod manager but the application wouldn't come up. Only the command window came up. What I did was just get rid of all files associated with it, re-downloaded it and installed it again. Had to wait a bit for it to load (about 15 seconds) but it finally come up and was able to get it started. I have a new problem now though. After installing some mods (disable fleet and new events and text stuff), my game gets this random lag every now and then. Managed to get an Engi Normal run complete though. :) I started playing Team Fortress 2 and started getting some lag in that as well. I think it could be steam or my computer, not sure. I'll update if I find the problem.
Thanks,
Howzet.
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:49 am

GroxGlitch wrote:No offense intended, but I'm not entirely sure that Avast! is picking up a false positive, because it nailed the link to the download site as a virus as well, and flags the .exe file included as well. I'm no internet guru but it seems possible someone infected the download.
Again, not sure, just pointing out. I do sincerely hope this IS a false positive because this is single handedly the most useful piece of modding equipment for this game, and it really drags modding to a crawl without it.
Thank you for your hard work, as well. I cannot, personally, thank you enough for this massive contribution. I've wanted to mod FTL with the various ship editors and such that are out but never had an easy method until I started working with this.
Just wanted to mix the good and the bad :D

If you really want to claim that it's not a false positive, then compile the (freely-available) source code with Pyinstaller, compare the md5 hash sums, and share the results! If somehow someone snuck a virus into it I would want to know too. :P

Edit: Sorry if I focused on the bad here. As you can imagine having my program flagged and not being able to do anything but send reports and pray is particularly frustrating for me. Thanks for your praise though. I appreciate it. :)

@Howzet: Issue is unrelated to GMM. Hope you get it figured out, though!