Rock Ship Unlock Destroyed from Super Nova

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Magnianhk

Rock Ship Unlock Destroyed from Super Nova

Postby Magnianhk » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:40 pm

While this isn't a bug, per se, it's quite unexpected!

When I was about to unlock the Rock Ship, I disabled its weapons so that I could just hang back and wait for it to jump. Well, it turns out they're the ones who couldn't handle the heat! I didn't have upgraded sensors yet, but all of a sudden I notice their o2 turn red. Uh oh. Then their engines went. They all died from asphyxiation.

So...has this happened to other people? I would expect the ship to put on such a trial be able to survive it themselves!
Whale Cancer

Re: Rock Ship Unlock Destroyed from Super Nova

Postby Whale Cancer » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:05 pm

Haven't had that happen, but it is quite pleasing on a few occasions when an enemy ship surrenders but are unable to deal with their fire situation and end up blowing up anyway. Good times.
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!
Agent_L

Postby Agent_L » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:53 am

That happened to me once on a job interview.
Seems like FTL universe is not that much different. : )
CIA maps of Portugal Please God, don't let Portugal to go to war with USA!
Sovereighn2280

Postby Sovereighn2280 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:29 am

Magnianhk wrote:I would expect the ship to put on such a trial be able to survive it themselves!

:lol: I agree, if you're going to give test, you better be able to survive it yourself. But if their shields were down then they're more susceptible to Super Novas. :|
zJack7331

Postby zJack7331 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:07 am

Rock Cruiser... unless they weren't actually Rock people, I don't see how they could have died from the fires? A bug, the crew not generating properly, maybe?
Agent_L

Postby Agent_L » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:25 pm

zJack7331 wrote:Rock Cruiser... unless they weren't actually Rock people, I don't see how they could have died from the fires?
Read OP again - they died from asphyxiation, not the fire.
Number43

Postby Number43 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:51 pm

During the fight it's best not to attack it at all. If you take down their shields the flares will cause a lot more fires, and any fires or breaches caused by your weapons will impede their ability to fight fires, and they could easily have fires spreading faster than they can fight them. Once it takes out the piloting or engines they won't jump away, the taking out of other systems will cause extra damage you may not plan for, and if there are too many fires and they hit the O2 room everyone will likely die from lack of oxygen.
Agent_L

Postby Agent_L » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:46 am

Magnianhk wrote:I disabled its weapons so that I could just hang back and wait for it to jump.

Oh, I haven't noticed that!
Number43 wrote:During the fight it's best not to attack it at all.

Indeed. They're not firing, so there is not point at opening fire at them.