Grognak's Mod Manager v1.7 (Updated March 6, 2013!)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Howzet

Re: Grognak's Mod Manager (v1.3)

Postby Howzet » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:53 am

I can't get this to work. When I launch the mod manager, it just comes up with a command window with no text in it. I did what was said in the readme... not sure what's gone wrong. Can I get some help?
Thanks.
ser_aerochorro

Postby ser_aerochorro » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:16 am

mrgstiffler wrote:OSX version isn't working for me. It just comes up with "Grognak's Mod Manager Error". If I click Terminate, a console message shows up: "10/11/12 8:04:09.083 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[142]: ([0x0-0xf10f1].org.pythonmac.unspecified.main[1639]) Exited with code: 255".

I'm using the Steam version on 10.8.2.

Please run Console(it's on Applications/Utilities), clear the screen, run the manager again and the text of the console, so I know what happens.
It probably will have something to do with Mountain Lion, but until you do that I can't know.
Last edited by ser_aerochorro on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrgstiffler

Postby mrgstiffler » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:21 am

ser_aerochorro wrote:
mrgstiffler wrote:
ser_aerochorro wrote:FINISHED! This is the app: just unzip it and run it somewhere(You could put it in Applications if you wanted).

This is the source. It can be built with py2app. It includes the icon, the .plist and everything.

Some things about the Mac version:
-It has an icon(yay!). Just a charged Mk1 combat drone, nothing too fancy.
-On Mac, the mods folder is on "~/Documents/FTL mods" by default. If the app is run and it isn't there(read: the first time you run it), it will create it and put the beginning scrap mod there. To change the mods folder, change the "macmodsfolder" option on modman.ini
-Modman.ini is still inside the app. Moving it would have made things much more complicated. You normally wouldn't need to change it anyway.
-About the "open file" thing. If you are using steam, you will just need to select "yes" on the first dialog and it will detect it itself: if you are using the DRM-Free version, however, you can use the "open file" dialog. However, the Tkinter "open file" dialogs have 2 problems:
-1: You can't just drag and drop: you'll have to find the app manually.
-2: It detects mac apps as folders(because they technically are folders): to select them properly, you have to find the app, DOUBLE-CLICK IT TO GO INSIDE THEM, and the press OK(just selecting them and pressing OK doesn't work).
-After selecting the mods you want to use, it won't have any window open and just bounce in the Dock for a while. This is normal. A message box will pop when it's finished.

OSX version isn't working for me. It just comes up with "Grognak's Mod Manager Error". If I click Terminate, a console message shows up: "10/11/12 8:04:09.083 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[142]: ([0x0-0xf10f1].org.pythonmac.unspecified.main[1639]) Exited with code: 255".

I'm using the Steam version on 10.8.2.

Please run Console(it's on Applications/Utilities), clear the screen, run the manager again and the text of the console, so I know what happens.
It probably will have something to do with Mountain Lion, but until you do that I can't know.

This is what I get. The last line gets displayed after I click "Terminate"

ser_aerochorro

Postby ser_aerochorro » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:37 am

mrgstiffler wrote:

... nothing else gets displayed? Just that? Are you really sure that you started Console and cleared it first and THEN ran the application?
mrgstiffler

Postby mrgstiffler » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:41 am

ser_aerochorro wrote:
mrgstiffler wrote:

... nothing else gets displayed? Just that? Are you really sure that you started Console and cleared it first and THEN ran the application?

Yup. That's it. Started Console, cleared display, launched application. Nothing else shows up.
Bunston

Postby Bunston » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:13 pm

I used this program before, and it worked like a charm. However, all the sudden Avast is calling it malware. Is this Avast being stupid, or is this known to have malware?
Icehawk78

Postby Icehawk78 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:14 pm

Bunston wrote:I used this program before, and it worked like a charm. However, all the sudden Avast is calling it malware. Is this Avast being stupid, or is this known to have malware?

It's a known false positive. This is safe, your antivirus is being overzealous.
ser_aerochorro

Postby ser_aerochorro » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:25 pm

mrgstiffler wrote:Yup. That's it. Started Console, cleared display, launched application. Nothing else shows up.

Well, that's REALLY weird. It seems like the program doesn't say anything at all.

... I'll google for problems involving Mountain Lion and py2app, but can't promise anything.

(Fun fact: I googled, and this thread was at the end of the first page)
ser_aerochorro

Postby ser_aerochorro » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:39 pm

Ok, mrgstiffler, try going to System Preferences/Security & Privacy/General Tab and on "Allow applications downloaded from" mark Anywhere and run the manager again.
Howzet

Postby Howzet » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:14 pm

Thanks for anyone that may have been attempting to help but I got it working. :)