Grognak's Mod Manager v1.7 (Updated March 6, 2013!)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
42oL33T

Re: Grognak's Mod Manager (v1.3)

Postby 42oL33T » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:29 pm

Hey i keep getting an error message thrown at me when i try to run the modman.exe file. it says, "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." I followed the ReadMe exactly as it says, and I'm 95% Sure that I am an administrator. I'm not sure whether or not this has been addressed on this forum, I looked through about 16 pages and found nothing like my problem, so please help me out.

scratch that, light n fast we have the same problem, im running windows xp home 32 bit, maybe that has something to do with it?????
"Don't Hate, Incinerate!"
-Abcdds2
42oL33T

Postby 42oL33T » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:04 pm

omg its grognak!!
-Abcdds2
ser_aerochorro

Postby ser_aerochorro » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:07 pm

42oL33T wrote:Hey i keep getting an error message thrown at me when i try to run the modman.exe file. it says, "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." I followed the ReadMe exactly as it says, and I'm 95% Sure that I am an administrator. I'm not sure whether or not this has been addressed on this forum, I looked through about 16 pages and found nothing like my problem, so please help me out.

scratch that, light n fast we have the same problem, im running windows xp home 32 bit, maybe that has something to do with it?????

Seems like something is blocking the exe. Maybe an antivirus or something? Have you tried to run it without the antivirus on?
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:08 pm

Merged your changes, ser. :D Might have to end up changing or removing some stuff in the GUI overhaul.

42oL33T wrote:Hey i keep getting an error message thrown at me when i try to run the modman.exe file. it says, "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." I followed the ReadMe exactly as it says, and I'm 95% Sure that I am an administrator. I'm not sure whether or not this has been addressed on this forum, I looked through about 16 pages and found nothing like my problem, so please help me out.

Try deleting your /resources/ folder and re-verifying your game cache if you have steam or re-downloading the folder if you use the DRM-free version. Also, ser might be on to something as well.

And yes... it is me. :)
42oL33T

Postby 42oL33T » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:13 pm

ser_aerochorro wrote:

Seems like something is blocking the exe. Maybe an antivirus or something? Have you tried to run it without the antivirus on?

alas, i am an administrator, but not one with the antivirus passwords. Im mostly a figurehead, like the president of China, or the King of England. but i attempted to disable antivirus settings on my computer without them. All 4 of my attempts failed miserably, but are you saying that if the antivirus were to not block the exe, then it would run normally?? i hope thats the case.
BTW its cool that your so active in the community, less than an hour after i post a problem you respond. ;)
alright, just read your next post. How would one go about verifying one's cache? im not a code junkie, i just know a thing or two about Java really... :(
-Abcdds2
42oL33T

Postby 42oL33T » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:18 pm

also, a little off topic, but my computer is very slow, and sometimes when i playing it lags for like 2-3 minute periods of time. (i only got 1gig ram, and this comp is like 5 years old) but the wierd thing is when the program comes to, some of my rooms look blue, like how when oxygen is draining out the rooms go red. well, sometimes they're blue, and when i open the door or a room adjacent to that room, the next room instantly becomes blue. it says i have -247395718% oxygen, and all fires that come on the ship are almost immediatley put out. but my crew members can still breathe, and i cant use my tactic of blast doors+opening doors to repel intruders. it sucks...but yeah.
a little off topic but still.
-Abcdds2
ser_aerochorro

Postby ser_aerochorro » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:26 pm

42oL33T wrote:also, a little off topic, but my computer is very slow, and sometimes when i playing it lags for like 2-3 minute periods of time. (i only got 1gig ram, and this comp is like 5 years old) but the wierd thing is when the program comes to, some of my rooms look blue, like how when oxygen is draining out the rooms go red. well, sometimes they're blue, and when i open the door or a room adjacent to that room, the next room instantly becomes blue. it says i have -247395718% oxygen, and all fires that come on the ship are almost immediatley put out. but my crew members can still breathe, and i cant use my tactic of blast doors+opening doors to repel intruders. it sucks...but yeah.

The lag shouldn't really occur: if you just close all the other programs it should work without problems(my Mac has only 1GB of RAM too). The oxygen thing is really weird however: you could try reinstalling FTL.
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:37 pm

Icehawk78

Postby Icehawk78 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:39 pm

42oL33T wrote:also, a little off topic, but my computer is very slow, and sometimes when i playing it lags for like 2-3 minute periods of time. (i only got 1gig ram, and this comp is like 5 years old) but the wierd thing is when the program comes to, some of my rooms look blue, like how when oxygen is draining out the rooms go red. well, sometimes they're blue, and when i open the door or a room adjacent to that room, the next room instantly becomes blue. it says i have -247395718% oxygen, and all fires that come on the ship are almost immediatley put out. but my crew members can still breathe, and i cant use my tactic of blast doors+opening doors to repel intruders. it sucks...but yeah.

You should likely take a screenshot of this, as well as saving a game where this has happened and post it in the tech support section of these forums, for the devs to look at. Definitely sounds like a bug.
mrgstiffler

Postby mrgstiffler » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:07 am

ser_aerochorro wrote:FINISHED! This is the app: just unzip it and run it somewhere(You could put it in Applications if you wanted).

This is the source. It can be built with py2app. It includes the icon, the .plist and everything.

Some things about the Mac version:
-It has an icon(yay!). Just a charged Mk1 combat drone, nothing too fancy.
-On Mac, the mods folder is on "~/Documents/FTL mods" by default. If the app is run and it isn't there(read: the first time you run it), it will create it and put the beginning scrap mod there. To change the mods folder, change the "macmodsfolder" option on modman.ini
-Modman.ini is still inside the app. Moving it would have made things much more complicated. You normally wouldn't need to change it anyway.
-About the "open file" thing. If you are using steam, you will just need to select "yes" on the first dialog and it will detect it itself: if you are using the DRM-Free version, however, you can use the "open file" dialog. However, the Tkinter "open file" dialogs have 2 problems:
-1: You can't just drag and drop: you'll have to find the app manually.
-2: It detects mac apps as folders(because they technically are folders): to select them properly, you have to find the app, DOUBLE-CLICK IT TO GO INSIDE THEM, and the press OK(just selecting them and pressing OK doesn't work).
-After selecting the mods you want to use, it won't have any window open and just bounce in the Dock for a while. This is normal. A message box will pop when it's finished.

OSX version isn't working for me. It just comes up with "Grognak's Mod Manager Error". If I click Terminate, a console message shows up: "10/11/12 8:04:09.083 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[142]: ([0x0-0xf10f1].org.pythonmac.unspecified.main[1639]) Exited with code: 255".

I'm using the Steam version on 10.8.2.