[Request] Reset cloak cooldown and refill O2 on safe jumps

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Galdred

[Request] Reset cloak cooldown and refill O2 on safe jumps

Postby Galdred » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:02 am

The useless micromanagement needed before a safe jump(a jump in which you can upgrade your ship) can be quite annoying.
My main concern is the cloak cooldown not reseting (even though the teleport resets as soon as all the enemy crew is killed). This has already costed me a few games on the Stealth B, which is rather annoying given this ship's abysmal early game performance.

Another one is the O2 taking ages to refill : I'd like not being forced to do something else while my O2 fills up in the background (once again, this one is particularly annoying with Stealth B, as you cannot keep O2 powered during fights early on).

And as an extra feature, it would be nice to have an option to send the crew back to their (selectable) default station, and to have a button to close all doors.
Azewaldo

Re: [Request] Reset cloak cooldown and refill O2 on safe jum

Postby Azewaldo » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:18 am

Galdred wrote:... and to have a button to close all doors.

There is a button to close all doors, as well as a button to open all (internal) doors. It's attached to the doors subsystem in the lower left of the screen.
kiowa

Postby kiowa » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:09 pm

I think not making these mistakes is part of the game, but indeed forgetting to recharge stealth before jumping is quite frustrating. A "are you sure?" dialog box would be quite nice.
Sovereighn2280

Postby Sovereighn2280 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:15 pm

Galdred wrote:My main concern is the cloak cooldown not reseting (even though the teleport resets as soon as all the enemy crew is killed). This has already costed me a few games on the Stealth B, which is rather annoying given this ship's abysmal early game performance.

Meh.

Galdred wrote:Another one is the O2 taking ages to refill : I'd like not being forced to do something else while my O2 fills up in the background (once again, this one is particularly annoying with Stealth B, as you cannot keep O2 powered during fights early on).

This is your fault, you need to upgrade your O2 if you don't like it.

Galdred wrote:And as an extra feature, it would be nice to have an option to send the crew back to their (selectable) default station, and to have a button to close all doors.

Doors can be opened and closed.
Sovereighn2280

Postby Sovereighn2280 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:20 pm

Azewaldo wrote:There is a button to close all doors, as well as a button to open all (internal) doors. It's attached to the doors subsystem in the lower left of the screen.

External doors can also be opened by double clicking the button.
Derakon

Postby Derakon » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:20 pm

Sovereighn2280 wrote:This is your fault, you need to upgrade your O2 if you don't like it.

So you're blaming the player for complaining when the game rewards literally doing nothing for a couple of minutes?
Galdred

Postby Galdred » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:23 pm

Sovereighn2280 wrote:
Galdred wrote:Another one is the O2 taking ages to refill : I'd like not being forced to do something else while my O2 fills up in the background (once again, this one is particularly annoying with Stealth B, as you cannot keep O2 powered during fights early on).

This is your fault, you need to upgrade your O2 if you don't like it.

Are you seriously suggesting that the optimal play should be to let the game run in the background when you browse some random Internet page between each jump?
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:08 am

This suggestion should be added to easy mode. I do not like it. I'm know my chances of surviving a jump into an unknown beacon are limited if i have low oxygen, uncharged cloak, fire or intruders onboard. If i'm forced to take that chance then i'll have to deal with it. Makes the game as hard as it should be. Not paying attention to the cloak has cost almost every player and is one of those things you learn the hard way.

I'll try to delay my jump and get the cloak to recharge as much as possible if i can survive for a few extra seconds. And while i don't upgrade my life support system for the oxygen, i DO upgrade it to make it more durable. While waiting in safety, give extra power to it and it will refill the ship nicely. 75% is resonable and only takes seconds, and i use that time to try and figure out what i should do next.

It is a little bit boring at times but it's only seconds. Some other games may take that long to load a map or scenario or complete a turn and it's generally not something very noticable.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
boran_blok

Postby boran_blok » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:57 am

I do not think the OP is talking about cloak resets after a jump while in battle. but cloack resets when the coast is clear. Just like the teleporter now.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:06 am

I understand it but i don't like that. It would remove a big challenge from gamplay, esp. if you use the cloak an awfull lot.

The only reason the teleporter resets automatically is because your crew can be stuck on a burning ship that can blow up if it takes more damage from fires. If the enemy surrenders or you eliminate them, you may lose your boarders. The game engine is kind enough to give you a chance to recover your crew in such situations, but it doesn't give you an advantage because your teleporter still needs to recycle once you beam your people back.

Starting every fight with cloak and teleporter ready and with 100% oxygen would be too much of an advantage. Do it yourself when you have some peace.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.