Subset Games Logo

Talk about anything non-FTL related here.
Matthew
Site Admin

Subset Games Logo

Postby Matthew » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:20 am

Oh no, I messed up.

Showing my inexperience in moderating a forum, I've managed to delete this thread instead of successfully merging it with another. I feel horrible, it was an outstanding thread.

I really hope that your logos are still out there and you'll be able to post them again. There were some great ideas so keep them coming. Please don't take my horrible mistake as a sign of dislike! :(

I'm sorry again. I'll be more careful in the future.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
TheStarsBurn

Re: Subset Games Logo

Postby TheStarsBurn » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:27 am

Oh well, at least you learned something from it ;) and experience is priceless!

I suppose we should make a fresh start and I'll begin with this idea:

sset2.jpg

I'm not sure I'm happy with the typeface and the colours will probably need working on, but it's only a starting point really.
What does everyone think?
Luke

Postby Luke » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:56 am

Not to worry zasdarq. I'm sure (hoping) everyone had their work saved on their PCs.

Posting mine again. This is a wordplay on 'sunset' - where the sub is taking the sun's place, hence it sitting on the horizon.

take

Postby take » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:57 am

bored on my iPad. what i wouldn't give to have illustrator on this thing..

Rohk

Postby Rohk » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:39 am

SGlogo2.png

I like to do a little graphic design as a hobby, so I whipped this up. It's a stylized take on the mathematical symbol for subset. I like it in the grays above, but it also works well in colour.

SGlogo3.png
TheStarsBurn

Postby TheStarsBurn » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:08 pm

Rohk, I think those would look better without the black out-line.
You could also try the text in the background colour.
Rohk

Postby Rohk » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:14 pm

that was a good suggestion, TheStarsBurn. I played around with it a bit and I like this better. It's even simpler.

SGlogo4.png

SGlogo5.png
Snake Plissken

Postby Snake Plissken » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:23 pm

Luke wrote:Not to worry zasdarq. I'm sure (hoping) everyone had their work saved on their PCs.

Posting mine again. This is a wordplay on 'sunset' - where the sub is taking the sun's place, hence it sitting on the horizon.

Love it
dicesquirrel

Postby dicesquirrel » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:36 pm

So psyched to see the community up and active already. Can't wait for FTL along with the rest of you cool cats.

It's neat that everyone is pitching your ideas for the logo, but as a freelance designer who works frequently on identity, logo design, etc, I would strongly urge Subset to consider a logo a high-value, relatively low-cost business expense and not farm it out to the community. With your considerably expanded budget, it would not be difficult to hire a top notch designer (and I'm definitely not talking about myself here, I'm small potatoes) to do a comprehensive identity for your newly forged company. Logo, letterhead, business cards, style guide, you could get the whole package for in the neighborhood of $2-3k, according to Pricing and Ethical Guidelines 2011. In China, probably for way less than a stateside design firm.

Design is a job, not a hobby. Give this blog post from Mike Monteiro a read: http://weblog.muledesign.com/2010/08/ti ... design.php

Keep on kicking ass and taking names, you guys. I can't wait to see your careers take off into the stratosphere with the launch of FTL.
Stelly

Postby Stelly » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:37 pm

I'm liking the sub one, but I really dont like the font at all

Stelly