So I just beat the game on easy...

General discussion about the game.
Shiny

So I just beat the game on easy...

Postby Shiny » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:34 am

I don't know how the hell some people beat this game in 3 tries on normal when easy is still rather ridiculously hard :P

I have to say though, the satisfaction of beating the game, even on easy, after playing for ~10 hours is amazing. There's nothing like it.

Also, breach bombs are so OP on the final boss.
samseng813

Re: So I just beat the game on easy...

Postby samseng813 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:07 am

Congratulation, you should be prouder than those people who mod the game to easier than easy because they can't beat it.

My opinion and 2 bucks,
after you beat the game "once" with easy. You should never play easy again.
Not because the game is too hard, it is you should start improving your skill and decision making instead of getting used to the easier mode.

Getting used to unchallenging environment will never make you improve, this apply to real life as well.
Be strong and wish you beat NORMAL without modding the game. Many brothers here will welcome you to club.
The satisfaction is unimaginable. Good luck captain.
StarWarsOZ

Postby StarWarsOZ » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:15 am

samseng813 wrote:Congratulation, you should be prouder than those people who mod the game to easier than easy because they can't beat it.

My opinion and 2 bucks,
after you beat the game "once" with easy. You should never play easy again.
Not because the game is too hard, it is you should start improving your skill and decision making instead of getting used to the easier mode.

Getting used to unchallenging environment will never make you improve, this apply to real life as well.
Be strong and wish you beat NORMAL without modding the game. Many brothers here will welcome you to club.
The satisfaction is unimaginable. Good luck captain.

So true, I had to play so many times on easy before I finally beat the boss. But as soon as I beat him on easy, I started normal, and I am having a lot more fun, its much more challenging to have restricted scrap, unlike the tones you get in easy mode.

And I don't understand why people would mod the game to make it eaiser, its supposed to be hard, its supposed to be challenging, and if u can't deal with it don't play.

Good luck with the game, and it will become easier as you play more. :D
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
Bill Watterson
samseng813

Postby samseng813 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:27 am

I still remember the first time I beat it on NORMAL.
During 1st phase and 2nd phase of final boss. My heart beating heavily, my eye hardly blink, my thumb ready to press PAUSE whenever something happen. Finally I beat it, with heart and mouth shouting "HELLLL YESSSS".
Finally, I can stand proudly among all brothers who beat the game in NORMAL.
After beating the NORMAL boss more and more, you will feel the game becoming easier (It is actually you're becoming better).

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/54293 ... A7EA82D70/

Many forum veteran can give you good and helpful advice. As long as you willing to learn ;) .
Ask
Moosicorn

Postby Moosicorn » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:06 am

*cough*pussy*cough* I never played easy once nd I've still won
StarWarsOZ

Postby StarWarsOZ » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:43 pm

Moosicorn wrote:*cough*pussy*cough* I never played easy once nd I've still won

Well excuse us for learning to play before we tried the 'hardest' difficulty. :|
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
Bill Watterson
ScottyDoesKnow

Postby ScottyDoesKnow » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:01 pm

What a douchebag.
Derakon

Postby Derakon » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:35 pm

I played Normal for awhile, won once, got killed a hell of a lot more, and shouted myself raw at all the random deaths. I then concluded that playing on Normal was bad for my health and went on to play on Easy. Sure it's not much of a challenge, but it's a hell of a lot more fun for me.

In short, you don't have any right to tell other people how they ought to play the game. They should play the way that they find to be the most fun. If that involves playing on Easy, more power to them. If that involves cheating, more power to them. It's a singleplayer game; they cannot possibly affect your own experience.
Viper69

Postby Viper69 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:40 pm

ScottyDoesKnow wrote:

What a douchebag.

My thoughts exactly.

I have played the game about 10 times so far and still have not beaten easy :D Still trying but I am probably over thinking things and not being subtle.
Jephrey

Postby Jephrey » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:15 am

Viper, beating the game on easy isn't all that easy. There is definitely strategy to learn. You always get a lot of smoke-blowing on forums like these, like douchebag above. It's all poo-poo. They make small mods that they think are unimportant but actually skew the game severely, or they exaggerate just to be trolls. Enjoy the learning, is my opinion. The game has some great strategy to discover.